04-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Mrs.Mom's low fat fish recipe
- 1 pound hamour fillet fish
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 3 tablespoons frozen beans
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- juice of 2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the fish then cut the fish fillet into 3 inch long pieces
- Place the fish in a medium sized bowl. Add the dried oregano, basil, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix them well.
- Leave the fish to marinate for 1 hour
- In a non stick pan, add in the onion, carrot, green pepper, tomato and beans. I usually don't use any oil but if you like you can use oil spray.
- Place the pan on medium heat and stir the vegetables for 10 min.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and leave aside.
- In the same pan, place the marinated fish side by side. Pour the juice of the marinade over it with 1/2 cup water.
- Cook on low-medium heat while turning the fillet once on the other side. Cook for 10 min.
- Now return the vegetables over the fish and sprinkle the fresh mint leaves on top. Cook for 5 min. If you like your vegetables soft you can pour in 1/4 cup of water. Add salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
I usually cook this fish recipe. I am not a nutritional expert but I think it has very little calories.
"What's For Dinner Tonight?" is my everyday question that I ask for myself.