Parasites in raw fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had duck sushi once, in a futomaki roll.

Not bad, but I couldn't imagine eating it as sashimi.

The government doesn't advise eating Haddock. Well, I LOVE haddock. So I only buy the really small filets of Haddock. I cost me more in the end to buy enough for a meal. But that is okay with me. All fish are frozen on the boats as soon as they fall out of the decks from the nets. And there is a man down in the 'hole' icing the fish as soon as it is gutted and tossed down for storage.

One time my husband brought home a 10 pound box of processed Haddock he had processed himself on deck. I swear there was more ice in that box than fish. But I never saw one parasite in any piece of filet. I cooked that whole box for supper that night. Not a piece left.

We love ceviche too. My wife makes them at least once or twice each month. Awesomely refreshing, especially during the summer, with cold bier, out in the patio, in the evening, with some Bossa Nova in the background.

Sushi is rice. Not a fan of the raw fish rolls. I always pass on those. There are so many very good, tasty rolls that don't contain raw fish why bother.

Back
Top Bottom