Poached salmon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ishbel

Executive Chef
This is a really nice, light summer dish

500g salmon fillet
90 ml white wine
175 ml water
1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill
25g butter
4 spring onions, finely chopped
1 celery heart, fined chopped
75g mushrooms, sliced
142 ml carton double cream
2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons cornflour, slaked with a little cold water
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Fresh parsley to garnish the finished dish

Place the salmon fillet in a saucepan with the wine, water and dill. Bring to the boil and simmer for 12 minutes, or so until cooked to your taste.
Remove the salmon from the pan, place in a serving dish and keep warm. Reserve the fish liquor.

In a separate pan, melt the butter. Add the spring onions, garlic, celery and mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes – until cooked but not coloured. Add the reserved fish liquor, cream, mustard, cornflour and seasoning. Bring to the boil and then take off the heat immediately.

Pour the sauce over the salmon fillet and garnish with the parsley. Serve with new potatoes and seasonal vegetables.

You do say, "cooked to your taste", but I think simmering a 1# fillet for that long would make it overdone. We like salmon a bit on the rare side. Just a thought for anyone else. Sounds like a lovely sauce.

thanks ish. a friend has a beautiful copper fish poacher that will work well with this. copying...printing.

hmmm, this looks as if it might work served cold, including the sauce. i love cold poached salmon.

Yes, BT - I've eaten it cold - as I much prefer poached salmon that way. Husband likes it warm, tho... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom