Roasted Oysters with a twist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

teachtim

Assistant Cook
I just bought a bushel of oysters for a boys weekend. My wife and I couldn't resist cooking some tonight. They just came out of the river today. I lit the charcoal grill and began roasting. My wife told me to keep cooking more, then she hit the wall. I had all these oysters (25 or so) that were still on the grill. What to do?
I decided to get them all on the half shell and throw them under the broiler. Now what to put on them. I didn't want to cook them much more than the grill had already done.
So I put a sprinkle of shredded cheese, one jalapeno slice, crushed black pepper, sprinkle of garlic salt. They were under the broiler for maybe 2 minutes to warm them back up. When they came out I put a bit of tabasco on each one. Very good twist. It was some work to eat them all, but once they were cooked I couldn't let them go to waste.

I broil mussels with a little mayo,splenda,soy,sri hacha mixed and the a dab of just the sri hacha.I bet it would work with the oysters too.

Sounds good. I love them anyway. Wish I could get a steady supply of them, but I am landlocked. I once had them raw in a shot of iced vodka, with a dash of tabasco. I forget how many I had, not suprisingly...

Back
Top Bottom