Salmon A La Ritz - Recipe Idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
The inspiration/idea for the dish, actually came from viewing a co on TV that sells a dish by the same name. Rather than have it delivered, I thought I could make it at home. So I put a few thoughts together, and the 'plan' is still in the making.

Basically, it is salmon with a layer of herbed cream cheese (I would use herb/chive/onion cream cheese), stuffed in a pocket of the salmon, folded in half, (or spread the herbed cream cheese over the salmon), wrap in puff pastry & bake. I have a cucumber dill sauce I may or may not use over the finished dish and serve with asparagus. I'm sure the good cooks out there can improvise and make this easily at home. Here's a pic of the dish to give some ideas as to how you may want to assemble it yourself.

mish, that looks wonderful, do you think this would work with another
type of fish? my hubby does not like salmon. I love all types of fish.
Think halibut would work or orange roughy?

rickell said:
mish, that looks wonderful, do you think this would work with another
type of fish? my hubby does not like salmon. I love all types of fish.
Think halibut would work or orange roughy?

Thank you rickell. Honest answer -- I don't know. Salmon is one of my faves & I like roughy, monkfish etc. You can always give it a try -- almost anything wrapped in puff pastry is yummy to me. Let me know how it works out.

Another thought for the cream cheese mixture is adding fresh herbs and sun-dried tomatoes.

Last edited:
Is the salmon minced/ground? Otherwise, I don't see how it could be done--or it could be adequately cooked. Then formed around the cream cheese? Is this your picture?

Hi Marge. I should have explained more clearly -- it's not my dish, but a pic from the co that you can order it from. They're a little pricey... so my thinking was (since i've made salmon wellington), I/we could make it ourselves. The creamy filling/center looked like herbed cream cheese when I first saw it on TV. That's what gave me the idea to try to duplicate it at home. Hope that makes sense. Here's the co that sells the Ritz dish:

gourmet dinner entree, gourmet seafood, salmon

Marge, I bet you would like salmon wellington. It's a real treat.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom