Salmon fillets with mustard glaze

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you liked that and have no aversion to pork products, I used to do a salmon fillet which I had slathered in a mixture of grainy dijon mustard and pure maple syrup for some upscale in-home caterings. Completely wrap the fillet in bacon and put in a 350F oven until fillet is firm, about 30 minutes (as I recall).

You can finish it off by removing the bacon and placing under the broiler or continue to cook under the broiler to crisp the bacon up. Either way, the smokey flavor of the bacon is imparted on the salmon.

Ciao,

That sounds tasty, Steve, although the cooking time seems a little long for the salmon. I've never done it in the oven, though, so I really don't know. We will definitely give it a try. Kim came home with a big wild Pacific salmon fillet (frozen) today.
I wonder if would be a good idea to microwave the bacon and get it started cooking before wrapping the salmon.

I used to want a catering business when I was young. But when the babies were old enough and I was ready to take the final steps, my ex said to me, "You know, you'll be working every weekend and every holiday..."
So I started a greenhouse instead. :ermm:

It was 30 mins as I recall. I used 1" thick (minimum) fillets. The wrapping and the mustard kept moisture in and bacon fat/juices kept the mustard mixture moist. Maybe it was less than 30, you could always pull it and check for firmness.

Ciao,

Back
Top Bottom