Salmon, Jalapeno, Corn, Tomato

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
For this dish, because summer is coming, I wanted to use flavors that people normally associate with summer. The intent was to take bright flavors and to incorporate them in a different way. The salmon was prepared my favorite way: seasoned and pan seared to a golden brown. The jalapenos were roasted and then pureed to make an emulsion aka a roasted jalapeno foam. The corn--which was picked that morning by one of the other cooks--was simply sauteed with butter and salt. The yellow and red grape tomatoes were given a light pickling with olive oil, sherry vinegar, verjus, and elderflower, then tossed with chopped shiso. A Yukon gold potato puree finished the dish:

great as always! Have you been working with those micro corn/corn grasses...I think they are being grown on Maui. That would have been a cool addition to this dish.

For me this one IS summer, well though out and nicely executed.

great as always! Have you been working with those micro corn/corn grasses...I think they are being grown on Maui. That would have been a cool addition to this dish.

For me this one IS summer, well though out and nicely executed.

I haven't heard about that, I'll have to check it out. Is that the same thing as corn shoots?

Yeah, I'm trying to get my mind into summer flavors, but it's pretty much summer here year round LOL.

Looks great! The only thing for me, and don't take it personally, is I can't wrap my mind around the foam thing. I don't know why, I just have a hard time wanting to eat it...

Looks great. I love corn and I am always looking for other ways to serve salmon. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom