Salmon Pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4meandthem

Half Baked
I made this about a week ago and was pretty happy.
I used Costco salmon patties which are nothing but chopped salmon and a little spice formed into patties.
But fresh salmon would be better even.

1/2lb cooked spaghetti
3/4lb grilled salmon
1 egg yolk
1tbs butter
3-4 tbs milk
1 tbs capers
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
2 tsp minced shallot
1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
cracked black pepper

I put everything in a bowl,stir, and then add the hot pasta and toss.

I made this about a week ago and was pretty happy.
I used Costco salmon patties which are nothing but chopped salmon and a little spice formed into patties.
But fresh salmon would be better even.

1/2lb cooked spaghetti
3/4lb grilled salmon
1 egg yolk
1tbs butter
3-4 tbs milk
1 tbs capers
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
2 tsp minced shallot
1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
cracked black pepper

I put everything in a bowl,stir, and then add the hot pasta and toss.

I love to do stuff like this. A week or so ago I stretched one salmon fillet to feed three people. didn't use any dairy, but sauteed some spinach with the shallots and sauced up the salmon and spinach with about 1/2 cup of dry white wine.

I always add the hot, drained pasta to the sauce pan and toss everything together there.

A big hit! :)

If you like the patties, try the canned salmon in recipes like this.
GREAT STUFF!!!!

If you like the patties, try the canned salmon in recipes like this.
GREAT STUFF!!!!

Living in Montana, I don't always have fresh salmon available so I buy the canned. Yummy in all kinds of ways, usually a salmon salad for topping buttery crackers.

I have only had canned salmon once.It was made into patties with saltine crackers.It was in the late 1980's so I don't even remember if I liked it.

What else do you do with it?

I have only had canned salmon once.It was made into patties with saltine crackers.It was in the late 1980's so I don't even remember if I liked it.

When I was growing up, we often had a can of salmon for Sunday night supper, with hard boiled eggs, sliced rye bread, tomatoes (if in season) and lettuce. Condiments on the table, too. We could make a sandwich, or a salad of sorts on our plates. It was the red Alaska Sockeye variety. I still enjoy that kind of meal.

You can also use the canned salmon for salmon mousse. Very successfully, I might add. :chef:

Anything you would do with canned tuna you can do with canned salmon. I like it as a green salad topper to make it an entree. I usually mix it with capers and lemon.

Salmon alfredo... great in an Asian noodle salad type dish.... salmon "tuna" salad.... stuffing in peppers, pastas, etc....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom