seafood cakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

southerncook

Senior Cook
I love crab cakes, and make them when ever I can-but I found a recipe on www.epicurious.com for shrimp and sweet potato cakes that is awsome if anyone was looking for something a little different for the holidays. I made them as appetizers and served them w/the chipolte mayo. very, very good. The latin spice mix can be used in lots of stuff as well, chili, anything you want to add a latin flavor to. I could cut and paste, but there are actually 3 recipes to follow- check it out.

Thanks for the tip, Southern Cook. I have the recipe in my recipe box. What kind of Latin Seasoning did you use? Is it something I can buy at my local supermarket? :)

You have to make it, there's a link from the recipe to the latin spice recipe. Don't worry, it's not at all a big deal. If you do the slaw, get a madoline to make the sticks, the squash is slippery, very dangerous work with a knife. If you read the reviews, most people don't make the squash. I think it's a great addition, gives crunch and flavor, but not absolutly necessary. The star of this show are the cakes. Who'd a thunk shrimp and sweet potato??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom