Shrimp Boil with Spicy Butter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks yummy QSis.... been wanting some boil ever since we were in Port Aransas!

Someone care to enlighten me as to what Old Bay Seasoning consists of? We don't have it over here and it is hard to envision the flavour of the dish cos I have no idea what the seasoning is trying to achieve! Thanks!

Someone care to enlighten me as to what Old Bay Seasoning consists of? We don't have it over here and it is hard to envision the flavour of the dish cos I have no idea what the seasoning is trying to achieve! Thanks!

Per Wikipedia: 'The seasoning mix includes celery salt, bay leaf, mustard seed, both black and red pepper, cinnamon, and ginger.'

Thanks Lee,
I think you just solved the "what's for dinner Sunday" for me..This looks scrumptious...
kadesma:)

Bilby, check out your store to see if you have other brands of seafood seasoning or crab boil (or shrimp boil). This stuff is reddish from the paprika and has a little heat to it from the cayenne and black peppers.

I wouldn't run out to get mace and cardomom if I didn't already have them - I'd go with the middle recipe that letscook posted, if I were to make it.

Lee

Hi QSis. We don't carry anything like the Old Bay seasoning and don't even have dishes called "boil"!! There are a few seafood seasonings around. I just wasn't sure what flavour the dish was trying to impart. Tend to fry or stirfry prawns over here. That Razzle Dazzle site was certainly amazing.

Back
Top Bottom