Shrimp over Rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I love shrimp done til it curls it's tail up then poured over fluffy rice. into a 12inch skillet pour evooto about 1/8th of an inchadd 2 Tab of butter melt over med heat . Add 1/2 cup minced onion and 2 minced garlic cloves, saute til transparent.Add 1/2 tea dry basil 1/2 tea coarse ground black pepper,and 20 cleaned,shelled and deviened shrimp.Increase heat to high and saute 1 min. Add cream sherry 1/2 cup and 1/2 cup fresh minced tomatoes 2 Tab fresh chopped parsley and salt to taste.This is great over cooked rice that has been browned then cooked in chicken broth. serve with a fruit or green salad.
enjoy
kades

Oh, that sounds good! I've been messing with shrimp all day today, making gumbo for a party tomorrow. Now I wish I'd set some aside to make your Shrimp Over Rice for dinner tonight! :rolleyes:

I love shrimp done til it curls it's tail up then poured over fluffy rice. into a 12inch skillet pour evooto about 1/8th of an inchadd 2 Tab of butter melt over med heat . Add 1/2 cup minced onion and 2 minced garlic cloves, saute til transparent.Add 1/2 tea dry basil 1/2 tea coarse ground black pepper,and 20 cleaned,shelled and deviened shrimp.Increase heat to high and saute 1 min. Add cream sherry 1/2 cup and 1/2 cup fresh minced tomatoes 2 Tab fresh chopped parsley and salt to taste.This is great over cooked rice that has been browned then cooked in chicken broth. serve with a fruit or green salad.
enjoy
kades

Yum!!! Copied and pasted! Thanks, Kades. I love shrimp and rice!

Thanks for the recipe. I love shrimp recipes. I refuse to eat it from frozen.

Back
Top Bottom