Snip's Tempura Prawns with Lime and Ginger Mayo.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
My version of Tempura Prawns. I just love Prawns :yum:

Batter:
50gr (2 oz) of cornflour or cornstarch
200gr (7oz) self rising flour
1tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of sea salt
sparkling water to mix

vegetable oil for frying

18-20 Large Tiger Prawns

Lime Ginger Mayo:

1 cup of Hellmans Mayonnaise
Juice of one lime
1 tsp of lime zest finely grated
1 tsp of hot English mustard
1 tsp of finely grated ginger (fresh)
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix the mayo ingredients well and set aside. Heat oil to 160C or 315F.
Mix all the Ingredients for batter then slowly whisk in the sparkling water to form a thin batter. (It's ok to have a few lumps)

Dip prawns in batter then carefully lower into oil (I use a skewer) Fry till just golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
I make the prawns in 3 batches to prevent the oil from cooling down too much.

Serve Prawns with the Mayo dip and some baby leaf salad.

My version of Tempura Prawns. I just love Prawns :yum:

Batter:
50gr (2 oz) of cornflour or cornstarch
200gr (7oz) self rising flour
1tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of sea salt
sparkling water to mix

vegetable oil for frying

18-20 Large Tiger Prawns

Lime Ginger Mayo:

1 cup of Hellmans Mayonnaise
Juice of one lime
1 tsp of lime zest finely grated
1 tsp of hot English mustard
1 tsp of finely grated ginger (fresh)
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix the mayo ingredients well and set aside. Heat oil to 160C or 315F.
Mix all the Ingredients for batter then slowly whisk in the sparkling water to form a thin batter. (It's ok to have a few lumps)

Dip prawns in batter then carefully lower into oil (I use a skewer) Fry till just golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
I make the prawns in 3 batches to prevent the oil from cooling down too much.

Serve Prawns with the Mayo dip and some baby leaf salad.
Odette, this looks so great. It's on my list for our Sunday dinner soon. Thank you for sharing, but darn it girl now my mouth is watering. :LOL:
Kades

The Lime Ginger Mayo looks like it would make a great dipping sauce for lots of things. Including giving it the finger taste test. I can already tell it's best to double this recipe :LOL:

Odette, this looks so great. It's on my list for our Sunday dinner soon. Thank you for sharing, but darn it girl now my mouth is watering. :LOL:
Kades

Thank you CJ :) Hope you like it as much as I do. I'm just waiting for month end before I make it again. The holiday purchases have left our pockets bare :LOL:

The Lime Ginger Mayo looks like it would make a great dipping sauce for lots of things. Including giving it the finger taste test. I can already tell it's best to double this recipe :LOL:

Thanks Whisk :)
The dip is great for pretty much any fish and seafood as well as tempura veggies etc.
We pig out a bit when we eat prawns so this would be a single serving for an adult in my house :LOL:

Love the Mayo recipe...fried foods are out for now, but steamed fish would be good. I still have some salmon in the freezer, too! Thanks, Odette!

I was wondering why I torture myself looking at recipes for prawns, when I don't cook shrimp in any form (Stirling won't eat them and then I would have to cook two meals). It's 'cause that sauce sounds so danged good. I have copied and pasted it.

I was wondering why I torture myself looking at recipes for prawns, when I don't cook shrimp in any form (Stirling won't eat them and then I would have to cook two meals). It's 'cause that sauce sounds so danged good. I have copied and pasted it.

Doesn't it though? :yum:
I think I might make the sauce and use it with some salmon patties.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom