SOS, ISO salmon serving advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
I am making baked salmon. It will be served for Sabbath dinner tonight ( in about 6 hours or so,) which means stove will be turned of about an hour before dinner starts. The salmon will be served along with salad and appetizers. I can bake it at the last moment and keep it warm, or I can simply serve at room temperature. I am afraid if I try to keep it warm it will get overcooked somehow. Salmon gets pretty tough if cook for too long. What do you think?
Thank you.

I think room temp should be fine. I would not leave it in the oven for an hour.....

Shabbat Shalom

If you bake the salmon in foil packets (w/ white wine, dill, thin slices of lemon etc.), you could turn off the oven & keep the packets closed till serving. That should keep the steam/heat in for awhile, until you open the packets.

Last edited:
I ended up cooling it early and serving it room temp. It was great as an appotiser. Everybody loved it, even I ;).

If you bake the salmon in foil packets (w/ white wine, dill, thin slices of lemon etc.), you could turn off the oven & keep the packets closed till serving. That should keep the steam/heat in for awhile, until you open the packets.

That sounds lovely Cerise :)

Cooking the fish en papillote (method of steaming by wrapping in parchment papper or even foil) is a great idea especially for keep the fish moist. The only thing is it tends to overcook if you don't release the steam when its done. It is a great method though

Back
Top Bottom