Spaghetti alla vongole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking of add vongole sauce to fruits of the mer and then adding pasta what do you guys think

Sounds good to me nicklord1.Clams are included in most mixed shellfish recipes so white sauce or red sauce,it will work out fine. If the vongole are really small add them during the last 2 minutes. You wouldn't want them to shrivel up and overcook.

I was thinking of add vongole sauce to fruits of the mer and then adding pasta what do you guys think

well, Vongole is just CLAMS in Italian, and clams are very much part of Fruit de mer, which is just "mixed seafood" in French... so clams are already part of that mix....

over pasta? sounds good to me! kinda sounds like zuppa di pesce to me. :) Go for it!

i need to make up for a weak canneloni . I knew it lacked a tomatoe sauce but i went with the recipe . Do any of you know if you can add a tomatoey sauce to canneloni to supersede the blande but creamy bechamel sauce and how you do it . Thank you

How about adding some seasoning to the bechamel? Maybe some chopped fresh herbs? or an extra pinch of salt? I find lots of recipes undersalted these days. So many folks are afraid to add a bit, and it does so much to enhance the flavor when added while cooking!

I put nutmeg in , i just wanted a rich tomatey sauce to blend with the bechamel but i followed the recipe against my reservations

Thanks for reminding me of my mum's pasta with vongole ...don't remember how she made with but it was a tomato sauce one...but YUM..haven't had it for so long...might have to go visit her with some LOL

I agree with ChefJune about adding extra seasoning to the Bechamel. However if you really want tomato sauce with the cannelloni.make the sauce a little thicker than usual, add lots of herbs and seasoning. you might put a layer of bechamel under the cannelloni and put the tomato sauce on top of the cannelloni. Then on top of the tomato sauce you could decoratively drizzle some more bechamel.The two sauces go well with each other.

Back
Top Bottom