Spongebob's Crabby Patties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4meandthem

Half Baked
Got my kids to eat them with that title. Once they tried them they were a hit with us all. My Grandmother used to make something similar with Tuna and I hated it with a passsion. These are SO different.

Preheat oven to 400f

2 cups shredded Mozzerella
3/4 cup Mayo
3 green onions chopped (whites and light green only)
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1 Large can Crab meat (I used claw)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
2 stalks celery chopped fine
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix above ingredients and place on english muffins or sourdough bread
(We made both and liked them equally)

Bake for 10 minutes or until browning. I had mine with an amber ale and it paired nicely.

Those sound good...thanks! I'm getting so many ideas lately, it's tough to decide what to cook first!

Those do sound good!

It sounds like a luxury version of a tuna melt!

I think I would add some minced red bell pepper to mine!

4me, where do you find your crab meat? All we get for canned around here is Chicken of the Sea shredded stuff.

Those do sound good!

It sounds like a luxury version of a tuna melt!

I think I would add some minced red bell pepper to mine!

I think the bell pepper would work nicely and the color would certainly add.
I would probably sautee it a bit first for my liking.

Last edited:
4me, where do you find your crab meat? All we get for canned around here is Chicken of the Sea shredded stuff.

We can get it here at any deli counter. It is usually packed in a smll plastic container. Can be very pricey though. Claw meat is less expensive than the lump. You do have to go through it very thoroughly though to make sure there are no small shell pieces. :chef:

Got my kids to eat them with that title. Once they tried them they were a hit with us all. My Grandmother used to make something similar with Tuna and I hated it with a passsion. These are SO different.

Preheat oven to 400f

2 cups shredded Mozzerella
3/4 cup Mayo
3 green onions chopped (whites and light green only)
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1 Large can Crab meat (I used claw)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
2 stalks celery chopped fine
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix above ingredients and place on english muffins or sourdough bread
(We made both and liked them equally)

Bake for 10 minutes or until browning. I had mine with an amber ale and it paired nicely.

I make artichoke & salmon or tuna melts with provolone. Bet they would be great with crab or shrimp. Thank you for sharing your recipe.

I have every ingredient listed except the crab. I will have to get that next week. This recipe is a keeper. I love crab. :chef:

I have every ingredient listed except the crab. I will have to get that next week. This recipe is a keeper. I love crab. :chef:
Even Buster!:ohmy: (of Buster the Body Crab made famous by Cheech & Chong back in the 1970's) Addie, you are more tolerant than I am, I guess.:LOL:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Addie said:
We can get it here at any deli counter. It is usually packed in a smll plastic container. Can be very pricey though. Claw meat is less expensive than the lump. You do have to go through it very thoroughly though to make sure there are no small shell pieces. :chef:

Not sure I'd trust deli crabmeat here, we're in the Midwest. And VERY pricey!

Even Buster!:ohmy: (of Buster the Body Crab made famous by Cheech & Chong back in the 1970's) Addie, you are more tolerant than I am, I guess.:LOL:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I am a firm believer and practitioner of letting folks live their life the way they want to. It might not be for me, but then my lifestyle is not for everyone either. It takes a lot to get me upset. Hurt one of my kids and I will come after you with a vengeance. Other than that I don't care what you do. I just hope it makes you happy. :)

Addie said:
Living on the coast, $4.99 a pound. Lobsters are even cheaper. $3.99 - $$2.99 a pound. But I have had a lifetime of lobster. Won't eat it anymore. :yum:

Please feel free to send any lobster my way, Addie! Would love to stand in for you and consume your share!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom