Stuffed Lobster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I got busy today and didn't get much time to cook, so I used my last lobster in the best way. Had another butter poached bug... :LOL:

I guess I'll put this recipe in with roast chicken on my "Haven't Mastered Yet" list. :rolleyes:

Nothing to add to your investigations but just to say thank you. This thread was a fascinating read. In this part of the world, lobster is often stretched out by being served in a kind of soupy paella: arroz caldoso de bogavante. If at any stage you're looking to combine economy with luxury, it's a good one. I mention it because of your joke about rice at the beginning and because it is delicious. I can't find any satisfactory recipes on the Web in English. Here's a very straightforward one in Spanish that I'm sure you'll be able to improve on:

http://maricarmencruz.blogspot.com/2006/02/arroz-caldoso-con-bogavante.html

Nicholas, I've been following this thread with interest, as I love lobster. However, with 5 kids to feed, I rarely get to indulge, so I haven't posted anything.

However, I make a GREAT roast chicken. Wanna swap a bug for a bird?

I'd trade half a dozen lobsters for a Roast Chicken Recipe that comes out perfect! :LOL:

Here is the thread I was posting in regarding my battle of the bird...
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/cooking-a-whole-chicken-26733-4.html
-----
To be completely honest Lobster doesn't even make my top 20 favorite foods. I find the connective tissues between the muscles in Lobster/Large Shrimp tails to be less than grand even in their raw form (and I've tried plenty of amaebi nigiri at my local sushi bars). I like the claw, knuckle, and leg meat the best! It's much more flavorful and has better overall texture. Not as sweet as the tail, but I like those parts better nonetheless.

For my surf n' turf I like dry packed sea scallops and thick boneless prime-grade rib-eye. I'll leave the Lobster & Filet Mignon for someone else... :-p

Anyhoo, thanks for the input guys/gals. It's a popular regional dish that I wanted to try out, and I learned a few things in the process.

Here is something I found, a stuffed lobster recipe. I cooked it 3 different times already, and I must say it's better than any of the cookbook recipes I have tried. You need a food processor though for best results. But anyways, here it is:

INGREDIENTS
6 oz. chopped lobster meat
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 tbsp. lobster tamalley
1/4 tsp. celery salt
1/2 lb. crushed Ritz, Hi Ho, etc. crackers
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 dash Tobasco sauce
3 oz. sherry
1/2 cup clarified butter or olive oil

INSTRUCTIONS
In a food processor using the knife attachment, place the cooked meat of one quarter lobster. Start motor and run until meat is finely chopped. Remove lobster and repeat process with the crackers. In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.

It may seem like there is nothing special in the recipe, but wait till you put it all together, I think you'll love the results. And the best part about it is it's LOW FAT!!! :)

For the record, this is not my recipe. I found it on www.lammazing.com

If you want to take a look at their entire collection, here is a direct link that I always use:

http://www.lammazing.com/default.aspx?id=36&t=3

Back
Top Bottom