The Boil is On!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
A 40# sack of mudbugs will be arriving via SW air cargo at noon on Friday. The boil will commence on Saturday! Pics to follow!;) Laissez les bons temps rouler!:yum:

That's some good stuff. Beer is a necessity. Y'all will have a blast.

Yes! Beer from the Abita Brewery, Abita Springs, LA! Amber is a must, Purple Haze and maybe some Tourbodog! Of course there is Jackson's Brewery's, Blackened Voodo Lager.:yum: It's all good.

Well over 8 hours from you. I used to stop in Defuniak Springs when I would drive to visit my dad in Coffeeville, MS. That was a little over half way for me.

And here I thought you were planning an event for us! :yum:

My favorite tshirt is a Blackened Voodoo beer one from NOLA. It's my dress tshirt.

Last edited:
I can be there! Text me the address!

I would but between us and the neighbors, there won't be any left.:(

Well, the mudbugs have arrived and are resting comfortably on ice. However, they didn't make the original, direct flight and visited Washington, DC before hitting FT. Lauderdale at 5:20 PM, just in time for rush hour!:mad:

Getting closer!;)

The veges and sausage.

36788-albums1032-picture6541.jpg

The spices.

36788-albums1032-picture6542.jpg

In an hour or so, I'll get the boil water started, add the spices and lemons. While that gets going I'll start the purging process for the crawfish. More to come!:)

Be careful with the Z. Craig said he did absolutely nothing different but the spice is hot as he// and is almost painful to eat. I've been crying while eating.... He is of the opinion they changed their recipe.

Eta. It may have been the boil mix he got with the mudbugs, I misunderstood, which considering the tears and the nose and the resultant cough should be understandable. Even the potatos are too spicy.

Last edited:
Be careful with the Z. Craig said he did absolutely nothing different but the spice is hot as he// and is almost painful to eat. I've been crying while eating.... He is of the opinion they changed their recipe.

Eta. It may have been the boil mix he got with the mudbugs, I misunderstood, which considering the tears and the nose and the resultant cough should be understandable. Even the potatos are too spicy.

Oy, that's not fun. And we need to be careful since we're cooking for a crowd and don't know everyone's heat tolerance. Sounds like we'll be okay with the Zatarain's. We'll also have hot sauce for people who want to kick it up.

Even Craig admitted it was too hot and his tolerance is extremely high. He's going to pick the tails of what is left today while I work and we'll freeze for use in etouffe or something. We'll probably make boil soup with what's left of the potatos, corn and sausage. Hopefully, the cream and chicken broth for the soup will seriously calm down the spice. We probably won't need any salt though, it was also pretty salty. I think he's right about somebody changing recipes and I'm guessing it's probably the spice mix that came from the mudbugs, either that or somebody messed up when mixing that batch because it's never been so spicy or salty when we've ordered from there previously.

Back
Top Bottom