Tonight's Gumbo Pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
39817-albums371-picture4639.jpg

Sorry to say, I don't have the recipe because I just cooked it off the top of my head!
Basically I started out with the roux (dark) added the trinity and fish & veg stock , a touch of fish sauce. Added cajun seasoning and hot sauce to taste. Added: garlic , shrimp , oysters , crawfish tail meat , whole crawfish , scallops , orka , gumbo file and a can of roasted tomato's. Garnished with green onions and cooked rice. I use Zatarain's rice , it has more flavor then plain white rice.

Sorry to say, I don't have the recipe because I just cooked it off the top of my head!
Basically I started out with the roux (dark) added the trinity and fish & veg stock , a touch of fish sauce. Added cajun seasoning and hot sauce to taste. Added: garlic , shrimp , oysters , crawfish tail meat , whole crawfish , scallops , orka , gumbo file and a can of roasted tomato's. Garnished with green onions and cooked rice. I use Zatarain's rice , it has more flavor then plain white rice.

Thanks for this S&P........so often Gumbo not only looks, but tastes like a muddy mess. Good job.
Do I understand that you used Asian fish sauce? Brilliant!

Mmm, fish sauce. Great idea! Do I also see some jalapenos in there?

Seriously, amazing looking gumbo - I can't stop looking at the picture and trying to decide where I would dig in first :yum:

Back
Top Bottom