Trout Almondine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LAJ

Senior Cook
8 fillets of trout (I use North Carolina wild Rainbow Trout):chef:
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup sifted flour
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped almonds

Dip fillet in milk
season with salt and pepper
Roll in flour so entire fillet is well coated
Melt butter in skillet and cook fillets/browning evenly on both sides
Remove fish from skillet and add chopped almonds and saute
Sprinkle thickly over fish

The best trout I have ever tasted has been in Boone/Blowing Rock area of North carolina.

Are you telling me I need to come down there to get great trout??? :cool: I cound get with that! Ever had Rocky Mountain Speckled Trout in Colorado? That's pretty good stuff, too. :)

Trout is awsome! We caught some near Divide, CO, then I just put some lemon slices and butter in the cavity(all I did was a quick gut and clean blood line) and it was great.

Did the same thing when I was a kid, one of the best meals I've ever had. No substitute for fresh "homemade".

Trout

Are you telling me I need to come down there to get great trout??? :cool: I cound get with that! Ever had Rocky Mountain Speckled Trout in Colorado? That's pretty good stuff, too. :)

I never had Rocky Mountain Trout. Sounds great! :chef:wish I had some for breakfast right now.

Blast, I only have one fisherman in my life and he pretty much eats everything he catches. Some fresh trout would be soooo good. Especially almondine!

Blast, I only have one fisherman in my life and he pretty much eats everything he catches. Some fresh trout would be soooo good. Especially almondine!

That's "Amandine," Joe -- even though the nut is "almonds." Lots of folks make that mistake, but if you look it up...

Recently got John Besh's new book, "My New Orleans." He's a lifelong fisherman, and has a HUGE fish section in the book, and a beautiful piece on "Trout Amandine."

Now you're making me hungry for trout -- and we're having steak for dinner!

ChefJune, Thank you, I love to learn something new, especially about cooking.

Back
Top Bottom