Tuscan Butter Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
TUSCAN BUTTER SHRIMP

5 Oz Baby Spinach
1 Oz Basil, Chiffonade
2 Tb Olive Oil
1 Lb Shrimp, peeled and cleaned
TT Salt and Pepper
4 Tb Butter
3 Cl Garlic, minced
1½ C Halved Cherry Tomatoes
¾ C Heavy Cream
⅓ C Parmigiano Reggiano, or more

Wash and dry the spinach. Reserve.

Wash, dry, stem and chiffonade the basil. Reserve.

Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Season the shrimp all over with salt and pepper. When the oil is shimmering but not smoking, add the shrimp and sear until one side is cooked, then turn and cook the other side. Remove to a plate.

Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter. When the butter has melted, stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the tomatoes are beginning to soften.

Add the spinach and cook until it begins to wilt.

Stir in the heavy cream and basil and bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.

Return shrimp to skillet and stir to combine. Cook until is heated through, turn off the heat and stir in the cheese.

Looks good, Andy. While I have the last of a basil plant sitting on my kitchen sill, I didn't think of adding that instead of the dried basil to the mix. It would have made a nice garnish, but I went with parsley instead.

I definitely copied that recipe! Will soon have enough cherries to make this - I actually have enough, but don't want to use many of the gold sweets, which is what I always have a lot of.

I definitely copied that recipe! Will soon have enough cherries to make this - I actually have enough, but don't want to use many of the gold sweets, which is what I always have a lot of.

Instead of using cherry tomatoes and cutting them in half, I usually buy little tomatoes about the size of large grapes. Then I just toss them in the pan and cook them until they split from the heat.

Hey Andy, just pulled up this recipe again. On my list for this week seeing as I have both shrimp and cream - just need to pick up some more tomatoes and some spinach... (or think I have some bok choy leaves that need to be thrown in too).

Hey Andy, just pulled up this recipe again. On my list for this week seeing as I have both shrimp and cream - just need to pick up some more tomatoes and some spinach... (or think I have some bok choy leaves that need to be thrown in too).
I hope you like it as much as we did. We also make a chicken version.

Back
Top Bottom