what is your favorite seafood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what seafood do you like best?

• crab

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • lobster

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • shrimp

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • scallops

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • oysters

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • clams

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • fish- all types

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • octopus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other(not listed)

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • don't eat seafood

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
jkath
You are not alone..There is only one fish I will eat and only one place that fixes it right. Just down the road from Kitchen elf..I love their deep fried whole Flounder. But that is in North Carolina and we are in California.

is anybody else having problems with the polls? Everytime I try I get this message.

sorry the poll you are looking for is no longer valid

Debbie, I was having problems too, but if you go the actual thread where the poll originated, you should be able to vote from there. I posted this question in the forum help and suggestions area.

Yeees it is a tough choice, I love so many of them... but I chose "shrimps", as they are very versatile and probably the seafood we use most often.
I would love to have scallops but they carry astronomical prices here so we hardly get to enjoy them...:ohmy:

Well, being from the Gulf of Mexico. I would have to vote for those Lobsters that come from up Maine. "Don't forget the butter!".

I love all kinds of crab...king crab with butter, stir fried crab Chinese style, crispy soft shell crab...pretty much all kinds.

:) King Crab,Sea Bass,Scallops,Shrimp,Salmon and so on. I do get concerned about how much our oceans are being depleted.Dont know how to to deal with this

HI CRISTAL, Yum, crispy soft shell crabs. Do you know how to fry them?
I know it's a certain type of crab. " I don't know the name". I f you have any good crab recipes I would love one. Since, I am from Texas and if you would like a Tx authentic Mexican recipe. I AM YOUR GIRL.

well, like a couple other folks, i have to say "i love it all!" once went on a weekend binge in dallas and had seafood every meal (but breakfast), and nope, never did get sick of fish & shrimp & etc.

buuut: i have a fondness in m'heart for oysters. when i was a wee little girl in corpus christi, i remember going to a restaurant with an oyster bar with the family. mom & my brother were lounging in a table by the bar, waiting for a table, whilst dad was up on a barstool chowing down on the oysters on the half shell. mom was clearly not interested in nasty slimy things like this, so my brother wasn't either, but i have to try everything. i ended up perched on the barstool next to dad slurping down raw oysters with a smidge of lemon at about 7 years old and have loved them ever since.

I voted for shrimp because I like it alot and DH can't eat it making it a rare treat, but love almost all fish (didn't like shark though), lobster makes me drool, and will try everything. Until recently wasn't overly fond of calamari, but had it at a really good restaurant and ended up really liking it...

ronjohn55 said:
... and SMELT!!! ...

No offense but the best part of the local smelt fries is the coleslaw. My grandfather would take us to them (smelt fries) and would try to bribe us into eating just one. We almost would until he would pop the whole thing in his mouth and crunch away. :sick: It was too much! Now my husband does the same thing - at least he gives me his roll and coleslaw!

It's nice being back here and having walleye again. My honey will batter up bass once in a while too after a good day fishing - yum!

A little hard to get fresh oysters here ... darn.

Stopped eating meat 10 years ago. Intended to stop eating sea food too, but don't seem able to make that last effort.
My favourite is tuna.

I love it all, my favorite is catfish, fried in cornmeal and served with ripe sliced tomatoes... I think I am going to buy some today... Thanks....

Later

This is a really hard one, as seafood is my #1 favorite type of food. In fact, it's 100% easier to list what AREN'T my favorites - lol!!

All in all I'd have to say that I'm definitely not a fan of freshwater fish. While I do cook trout VERY occasionally (once or twice a year at MOST), & do enjoy some marinated catfish once in awhile, that's it for freshwater fish. I just find them too bland to bother with.

As far as salt water species, I have yet to find one I didn't like!! The only exceptions would be certain types sometimes consumed raw as sushi - like raw sea urchin & raw squid. And I also don't care for raw oysters (but LOVE them cooked!!) But that's a texture rather than a taste thing.

Hmmmmmmm, having grown up in New England, I don't think I can pick just one. I haven't tried a lot either, so that figures in. I'll cover a few I can think of that I have had.

Clams - Strips only. Not a fan of the stomachs.
Scallops - Absolutely!
Shrimp - Sure!
Crab - T'is alright, and would be willingly consumed if offered, but not ordered.
Lobster - Ditto above.
Blue Fish - I grew up on these!
Flounder - Ditto!
Striped Bass - Not 100% sure I've had it, but does anything named bass taste bad?
Cod/Haddock - Can you say fish and chips?!? Yum!

That's about all I can think of. Oh, wait, I've had quohog (sp?) chowder, which was alright.

Back
Top Bottom