What is your favorite seafood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! Some like the cream style version of the sauce and some like it as a broth type sauce. I think I would like both...:pig::LOL:
Timothy, I can't find a recipe but on the menu the oysters are listed as cooked in a sparkling wine, shallots finely chopped, butter, I beliee this is heated the oyster warmed through, and served to you 4 at a time in their shells each oyster is at least 2-3 bites each and are juicy and lucious. I looked around and there are recipes listed with cream I didn't bother getting one of the recipes as the oystersI get do not have any cream in the recipe as far as I can tel. You just get yummy big oysters.
kades

I'm not going to jump into the debate about whether fresh water fish can be called seafood, but my absolute favorite "aquatic" delight has to be Canadian walleye. Maybe that's because I'm in a part of the country where I can't get any.

But right after that comes the scallops, any kind of crab/lobster, and salmon.

Timothy, I can't find a recipe but on the menu the oysters are listed as cooked in a sparkling wine, shallots finely chopped, butter, I beliee this is heated the oyster warmed through, and served to you 4 at a time in their shells each oyster is at least 2-3 bites each and are juicy and lucious. I looked around and there are recipes listed with cream I didn't bother getting one of the recipes as the oystersI get do not have any cream in the recipe as far as I can tel. You just get yummy big oysters.
kades

I somehow missed this post of yours, kadesma! I do love oysters! Not too partial to them raw, but almost every other way is great!

I love to find and use the "one-bite-wonders" when it comes to oysters. They tend to hold water or broth within them and can sometimes cause a nasty surprise when cut or bitten into. I eliminate this possibility by using only those which can be balanced on a fork easily and eaten in one comfortable bite. Oh God, now I want some....:ROFLMAO:

We have yummy local oysters here in St. Augustine. I used to go harvest them myself, but have gotten lazy the last few years and buy them now.

OMG, my mouth is watering so fast I can hardly keep up with it! :LOL::pig:

I love crabs, all fish (except blue fish) and oysters fried Mmmm.

Mrs. Pauls isn't seafood... It's mystery... stuff

Don't you know it is "Ocean White Fish"?:rolleyes:

Just about any shellfish (including mudbugs). Most saltwater fish, but prefer hogfish, black or gag grouper, tuna and most snapper. Can't stand any salmon except smoked.

images

Male hogfish in white/black phase! Look out ladies!;)

Craig

I love fresh crab, the last time I ate it was camping by the welsh coast. A treat once in a while

I'm not real big on Tilapia, but there is little else that comes from the water that I don't like.

I am with you on that. I have had it in a sweet and sour dish that was great. But I don't really care for most of the preparations I have had.
It is used alot by restaurants because it is cheap here.

Timothy said:
I'm the same way, but even the smoked has to be on sushi. Then it's one of my very favorites!

I thought I was the only one. Although the salmon we caught fresh from Lake Michigan tasted kind of like walleye, not at all "salmony". Wonder why?

Cozze alla marinara (mussels marinara)

I hear you, Luca! I love Mussels also! Here's my favorite way to eat them:

BAKED MUSSELS IN GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE

2 lb. fresh or frozen whole shell mussels

GARLIC BUTTER:

1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
4 lg. cloves garlic, finely minced
4 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
Fresh ground pepper to taste

METHOD:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Thoroughly beat softened butter, garlic, parsley and pepper with wooden spoon or mash together with fork.

Remove and discard top shell of each mussel and place mussels on a baking sheet.

Apply garlic butter mixture to mussels and bake for 7 minutes.

Serve garnished with a wedge of lemon and sprig of parsley.

Fresh bread for dipping.

I thought I was the only one. Although the salmon we caught fresh from Lake Michigan tasted kind of like walleye, not at all "salmony". Wonder why?

Probably the reason I don't like it is because I have never had fresh, wild caught salmon. Even with saltwater fish, if I haven't shot it myself, I usually don't trust the freshness. There are exceptions from reliable sources.

Craig

craig, if you get the chance, try to get wild caught copper river salmon from alaska.

an old pilot buddy who flew cargo to nyc and back from alaska, used to trade me copper river salmon his native alaskan family caught for my jersey tomatoes.

we both thought we were getting the better end of the deal pound for pound, lol.

I love peppered smoked salmon on crackers. It is best when I am grilling something for supper, and my very DH feeds it to me!

Ah Seafood!

So many choices so little time but.......some of my favorites I make at home are....

Ahi Tuna seared (rare)
Copper River Salmon done on a cedar plank
Pan fried oysters lightly coated in my own mix
Baked halibut covered with foil in a bed of your favorite liquid (orange juice, cranberry juice or whatever flavor you desire)
Calimari steak rolled with a piece of ham and swiss cheese rolled up, tied, breaded then deep fried or baked

Cheers,
Mark

I hear you, Luca! I love Mussels also! Here's my favorite way to eat them:

BAKED MUSSELS IN GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE

2 lb. fresh or frozen whole shell mussels

GARLIC BUTTER:

1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
4 lg. cloves garlic, finely minced
4 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
Fresh ground pepper to taste

METHOD:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Thoroughly beat softened butter, garlic, parsley and pepper with wooden spoon or mash together with fork.

Remove and discard top shell of each mussel and place mussels on a baking sheet.

Apply garlic butter mixture to mussels and bake for 7 minutes.

Serve garnished with a wedge of lemon and sprig of parsley.

Fresh bread for dipping.

I LOVE garlic. I'll surely try this, thanks Timothy

Back
Top Bottom