What is your favorite seafood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because I can get it, lobster. When living in Florida, though, it was rock shrimp and a kind of crab claw that is very seasonal (the crab actually lives and grows a new one, so they are very restricted, can't remember what they're called). I do believe sometimes that having every food available every day of the year lulls us into complacency and probably is bad for the environment. Both of these were very seasonal and, at least up until 1990, really not available except locally.

I can also get excellent IQF scallops here and just love them seared with a cream and sherry sauce, over linguini. Yummm....

Last edited:
Claire said:
When living in Florida, though, it was rock shrimp and a kind of crab claw that is very seasonal (the crab actually lives and grows a new one, so they are very restricted, can't remember what they're called).

Yummm....

Stone crab! When we would visit Florida, my dad would provide a very detailed description of the harvesting of one claw, trying to gross us out. Didn't work.

Oh yeah, stone crab are here to be caught, but getting rarer. They've been over harvested.

My absolute favorite seafood is seared scallops. The giant sea scallops, not the little bay ones.

Seared until slightly golden on the outside, in butter, and still only very slightly cooked in the middle. Melt-in-your-mouth yummy!

Served with zucchini, onions and green/red/yellow peppers sauteed in butter and crusty garlic bread. OMG, I'm drooling....:LOL::rolleyes:

Hey, do you figure that fish ever get tired of seafood? :ROFLMAO::-p

My favorite shellfish is shrimp. For fish in general, my two favorites are rainbow trout and salmon.

I've yet to find a sea critter that I don't love, although I emphathize "sea" critter. I'm not a fan of freshwater seafood. Find it bland & unappetizing - from trout to crawdads.

Scallops (lightly sauteed in butter and garlic), lobster and mahi mahi (especially cooked on the grill with a spiced mango glaze and some fresh pineapple grilled along side). Muscles cooked in garlic, thin tomato juice and wine and coconut crusted jumbo shrimp are right up there too.

Back
Top Bottom