What to do with precooked shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, no, they don't. They eat smaller bottom dwellers and algae, etc., that falls from above. No animal could survive by eating its waste - there are no nutrients left it could absorb.
Do you know if the eat the excrement of other critters? Lots of things do.

Good Grief...isn't there a more appetizing thing to talk about than what bottom dwellers might eat?

Good Grief...isn't there a more appetizing thing to talk about than what bottom dwellers might eat?

The shrimp and avocado salad I made with the frozen precooked shrimp for last night's dinner was delicious. Of course, I had to buy the avocados three days ago and bag them with an apple but they were perfectly ripe for dinner.

There's a little shrimp salad leftover for a light lunch later on.

"The problem started with the OP's husband doing the shopping..."

Nuff said. :ROFLMAO:

Guy's. Stay out of the stores!!! ;)

"The problem started with the OP's husband doing the shopping..."

Nuff said. :ROFLMAO:

Guy's. Stay out of the stores!!! ;)

Excuse me? If I didn't do the grocery shopping, I wouldn't have any food to cook for dinner. SO would be angry when she got home.

Only some guys need to stay out of the store...others are intelligent and can be allowed out in public.

DH works closest to the grocery store, and he can pass by it on the way home. So he gets to shop, and I get to write the list!

Himself is not allowed to shop (comes home with so many things that are wrong, so very wrong...) and definitely not allowed to write my list. When we were sweet young newlyweds he offered to write out the list while I was busy with something else. The "rump roast" entry was a drawing of someone's butt, and the "mushrooms" morphed into "pootberries". :ohmy: It was not the sort of list you wanted to lose in the shopping cart. :LOL:

Himself is not allowed to shop (comes home with so many things that are wrong, so very wrong...) and definitely not allowed to write my list. When we were sweet young newlyweds he offered to write out the list while I was busy with something else. The "rump roast" entry was a drawing of someone's butt, and the "mushrooms" morphed into "pootberries". :ohmy: It was not the sort of list you wanted to lose in the shopping cart. :LOL:

I don't know if you are aware of this, but many men purposely do things wrong so we won't make them do them again. I learned this early on, and learned how to do it myself. For one thing, when I had my heart surgery I was sent home with instructions not to do any vacuuming. Five years later, he's still the one who runs the sweeper. I don't think the doctor means "for the rest of my life", but DH doesn't know that! Shhhhhh!!

I don't know if you are aware of this, but many men purposely do things wrong so we won't make them do them again. I learned this early on, and learned how to do it myself. For one thing, when I had my heart surgery I was sent home with instructions not to do any vacuuming. Five years later, he's still the one who runs the sweeper. I don't think the doctor means "for the rest of my life", but DH doesn't know that! Shhhhhh!!

You seem to have a low opinion of the opposite sex.

Pretty much anything that uses them as a canvas for something else, not the star of the dish. Grilled, fried, stir fried.

Also, the slower you thaw the shrimp, the better the texture. I don't think pre-cooked ever taste as good as raw that you can cook as desired. However, letting them thaw gently in the fridge overnight is preferable to shocking them in water.

Oh, I agree it tastes better when you cook it yourself, but I am very lazy. LOL Mostly I am just defrosting about 10 or so for a snack for myself. If cooking a main course, I would buy the raw shrimp.

I used pre-cooked shrimp in my Shrimp Alfredo over mini-fettucini tonight and it was a very nice dinner. Garlic toast with that.

I use the precooked shrimp in cold dishes/salads,etc. hubby likes them in a basic pasta salad, as he hates tuna salad. Otherwise I buy frozen raw shrimp. In the Midwest, even the prawns at expensive groceries tend to have been frozen. Once in a while, if I drive 80 miles to a high end store, I can find Gulf shrimp. Yum! I made one heck of a Scampi the other night. Lots and lots and lots of fresh sliced garlic. Cats didn't pester us, as they don't care for much garlic.

Not if you ask the Italians! ;) But yes, I've had some great seafood/egg/cheese dishes. One restaurant near us serves a seafood quiche with shrimp, bay scallops and lobster topped with Hollandaise sauce. They serve it with salad and fruit, so you feel like you're eating healthy ;)

Another restaurant, which sadly burned down several years ago, served seafood baked in a Parmesan cheese sauce. OMG, I loved that. I should make it sometime. We don't eat creamy/cheesy sauces much because of the fat, but hey, once a year won't hurt. Maybe that will be my new New Year's Eve dish. Mmmmm.

A restaurant I go to serves a delicious seafood pasta bake. It has shrimp and crab with pasta in a sauce similar to alfredo. I don't know if they use pre cooked shrimp, but it sure is good. I like to order broccoli as a side dish and mix it into the casserole. Yum!

I have seen recipes for low fat alfredo sauce although I don't have one. Look online.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom