Your Favorite Seafood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookingfan7

Assistant Cook
So, what's your favorite seafood? For me and my family it's crayfish, recipe is more then simple - 1. At first, you need to catch them (in the lake at night, in summer time) or buy at local store if available :) 2. Boil them in salt water with black peppers and dill. 3. Serve, that's all!

Whats yours?

You name it. I never met a seafood I didn't like, but if I was given one seafood to have for the rest of my life it would be scallops. Their sweet flavor stands on its own, right above crablegs.

I have to say Crab. Love it. Scallops run a close second. And shrimp and lobster and clams and...

Never had much in the way of seafood that I didn't like. I reckon fresh caught blue crabs from the Chesapeake Bay would be near the top of the list.
'Course you can almost starve to death right while you are eating them, :LOL:
but they are mighty good!!!
Oysters from Swan's Quarter in NC are among my favorites as well.
Shucks, (as Justin Wilson used to say,)
"I like oysters. I like 'em any way you fix 'em. Matter of fact, you ain't gotta fix 'em...I like 'em just like they come outta the shell"

Although I love all shellfish, it's a no brainer to name Nantucket Cape Scallops as my favorite. (In the New York area, the same scallops are called Peconic Bay Scallops, and you can sometimes fine them in their shells with their roe!) They are my all-time favorite food of any category.

Top pick has to be shrimp cocktail. I know, weird, but I love the stuff. I also like shrimp in a white wine and butter sauce and in other hot dishes, but not as much.

Also very near the top are lobsters and sea scallops.

I used to love clams but developed an allergy to them so they're off the list.

I am not sure I have met a shell fish I don't like. Swimmin' fish there are a couple, but mostly I can get along with 'em too.

At the top are lobster and crab. Not terribly picky on the type of crab though the MD blue crab is pretty tasty. Some lobsters are less than impressive, though I have never had a bad Maine lobster.

Since I moved here (remember, Midwest) I have a store that has readily available large, IQF sea scallops. I almost always have some on hand. Being IQF, I can buy just the amount my husband and I can eat. I sear them, then deglaze the pan with dry sherry, cream, green peppercorns and a touch of red pepper flakes. Serve over linguini or in a puff pastry crust.

I love it all. One of my favorite feasts is steamed mussels in white wine, with garlic, green onions, celery, red pepper, loads of butter and fresh parsley and fresh lemons. Whith lots of crusty bread to dip in the juice. and more cold white wine to chase it all down.

I'm not a huge seafood person. Lobster and crab are too sweet for me. I LOVE shrimp cocktails however! I do love shrimp (fried and grilled). I love good clam chowder, and I love fish and chips. I also like tuna steaks, mahi-mahi, and salmon. I don't mind fried catfish now and then, but I prefer ocean fish to river fish, as they seem more solid than river fish (at least the ones I have tried). I don't like to eat flabby feeling things. I cannot stand oysters!

:)Barbara

Last edited:
Oysters definitely have a unique taste and texture... I find myself craving them quite often. I must need the zinc or something. :)

Calamari is up there, but I have a very close 1 & 2. Crawfish(fresh only) boil and snow crab legs boiled the same as a crawfish boil. Probably have to say the crab is #1.....but I'm really jones'n for a crawfish boil! Probably like them both so much as it is some what of a "party" w/the kids. Wife isn't too crazy for crawfish. I guess sometimes food brings back memories of goood times.

This is our two kids and their friends. Yep, that is the wifes steak.

img_961477_0_94abb3aaadc395657a30972dc9e74dde.jpg

Seafood is actually the one thing I only like a very choice few items of. I can't stand the 'fishy' taste so most is out for me, but I love calamari, don't mind scallops, and shrimp I like quite a bit.

Shrimp in particular, I have my special, rare occasion "Diets need not apply" garlic shrimp. Lots of garlic, lots of butter, salt and pepper, served with angel hair pasta. So deviously delicious!

Back
Top Bottom