Zesty Rotel Tilapia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
My husband was still talking about this recipe the next day. He does not care for fish but he really liked this. So much so that he asked me to fix it for a luncheon for the guys he works with.
Enjoy! Debbie

Zesty Rotel Tilapia

img_513818_0_70d6b65161aa8b00db119c839e9fe8c6.jpg

4 (5 ounces each) TILAPIA FILLETS
1 teaspoon(s) CUMIN
1/2 teaspoon(s) BLACK PEPPER
1 can(s) (10 ounce) ROTEL DICED TOMATOES AND GREEN CHILIES
3/4 cup(s) MEXICAN CHEDDAR JACK CHEESE; Grated.
_____

Mix together cumin and pepper together.
Place fillets in a baking dish.
Season fish with cumin and black pepper mixture to taste.
Pour Rotel tomatoes over fish.
Sprinkle cheese over top.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish is done.
Serves 4.
_____

That sounds Delicious!!!! I love Tilapia fish. The diced tomatos and chilies make this something that I have to make myself now. Thanks for sharing.

I eat copious amounts of fish, and tilapia is good! I've done the Creole/Cajun variations, but I love this Southwestern idea Miss Debbie! I'm always looking for someting different!!! Thanks for posting!! Yum!

Renee Attili, You are welcome. Let me know how you like it. Debbie

Uncle Bob. For once I posted something that your scale will like. I'm not all bad..;) Debbie

Barb L. I think your hubby will like it if mine did. He really doesn't like fish at all. Let me know how he likes it. Debbie

Made this this weekend, the only difference is I baked them on my Egg.
Absolutely YUMMY!!!!!!! If you were thinking about this recipe do it!
Thanks Ol-Blue!

Made this this week, everyone loved. My small change was in addition to the cumin I mixed up cumin, salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 tsp cayenne - rubbed this mixture on both sides of the filets - sprayed pan and put under the broiler on high for a few minutes to get a little color and cook in those seasonings. Then covered with the Rotel and cheeses and transferred to the oven for 15-20 minutes @ 400. It didn't even last 30 minutes in my house before being devoured. I served mine with a couscous, black bean, and corn salad. U can google that one for a recipe. YUM

This does sound and look good.
Thanks for bumping this up, Amy.
This was before my time and I never saw it.

Back
Top Bottom