Fruity Oaty breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gravy Queen

Head Chef
You could use this for a dessert too I suppose but I have this for breakfast . Is just natural fat free yogurt with gluten free porridge oats and fresh fruit . Mix the oats with the yogurt and leave overnight, it will be thick in the morning . mix in and top with fruit . I used strawberries, blueberries and pomegranate here plus a little sprinkling of crushed gluten free cereal flakes for crunch . It's around 275 calories and very filling !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
No I didn't cook the oats, they just absorb the yogurt . I don't know much about steel cut oats but I think I have seen the same thing done with them , worth a try ?

You could use this for a dessert too I suppose but I have this for breakfast . Is just natural fat free yogurt with gluten free porridge oats and fresh fruit . Mix the oats with the yogurt and leave overnight, it will be thick in the morning . mix in and top with fruit . I used strawberries, blueberries and pomegranate here plus a little sprinkling of crushed gluten free cereal flakes for crunch . It's around 275 calories and very filling !

I do something very much like this myself for breakfasts! Rather than oats, I use the little chia seeds, about 2 tablespoons - they swell up as well, make a lovely and thick breakfast with the yogurt. And some sunflower seeds get added too (lots of good variations.)

I will have to try the gf oatmeal next! :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom