Taco Egg Rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
TACO EGG ROLLS
Take one egg at a time and break into a small bowl,
Add a few drops of lite sodium soy sauce, just enough to salt the egg then beat/whip it good.

Pour it into a small skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

Swirl the egg around so it's spread evenly over the pan and once it is set, flip it over to finish the other side.

Set aside and continue to make egg crepes.

Fill with your favorite taco meat mixture and cheese and roll up.

You can just roll them like an enchilada, or wrap and fold like an egg roll.

The possibilities are endless. Best of all? No carbs!

Last edited:
Sounds good!

I bought three dozen eggs yesterday and have been wondering how to use them all before they reach the expiration date, I will definitely give this a try!

I may go Italian and do a low carb filling of chicken, spinach and cheese topped with a little sauce and more cheese. :pig:

Thanks!

I used to make eggs like this to add to fried rice.

Unfortunately, fried rice is now on my don't eat list, but I wanted to figure out a way to use eggs made like this.

You'd have to use a fork instead of being able to pick them up, but I don't think anyone will mind.

I'm hoping that this thread will inspire some new ideas.

Oh yes! This sounds so good. I have some bean sprouts and spinach. Some leftover meat diced and I have a meal. Thank you! :angel:

I used to make eggs like this to add to fried rice.

Unfortunately, fried rice is now on my don't eat list, but I wanted to figure out a way to use eggs made like this.

You'd have to use a fork instead of being able to pick them up, but I don't think anyone will mind.

I'm hoping that this thread will inspire some new ideas.

I still make low carb fried rice. I use frozen cauliflower steamed and chopped instead of the rice. It also works for hash browns or making hash. It is definitely not as good as the real thing but it makes you feel like you are still in the game. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm going for NO carbs. I like the idea of egg crepes instead of tortillas. The only nuisance is that you have to cook them one at a time, but I do have 2 little nonstick pans, I guess it would be easy enough to make two at a time, stuff them full of goodies and eat them. Then if I'm still hungry, I could make another one (or two)!

I'm going for NO carbs. I like the idea of egg crepes instead of tortillas. The only nuisance is that you have to cook them one at a time, but I do have 2 little nonstick pans, I guess it would be easy enough to make two at a time, stuff them full of goodies and eat them. Then if I'm still hungry, I could make another one (or two)!

I can hardly wait to make those egg crepes. I do know how to do a one hand flip. :angel:

I still make low carb fried rice. I use frozen cauliflower steamed and chopped instead of the rice. It also works for hash browns or making hash. It is definitely not as good as the real thing but it makes you feel like you are still in the game. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
Oh dear, I read that as "hash brownies". Not only did that sound odd, I was wondering about posting such a thing publicly. D'oh!

I can hardly wait to make those egg crepes. I do know how to do a one hand flip. :angel:

I wouldn't try to flip them, Addie:LOL: Using a little skillet, they are very thin and cover the bottom of the pan and up the sides.

They are so easy to turn over. You can pick up an edge and turn them over with your hand.

The picture I had when I read your post of the crepe folding up like a fan and ending up on the burner gave me a laugh. Then I got worried.

Please don't. I'd hate to see you burn your hand trying to get it off the burner.

If you've really got an urge to do some pan flipping, try this; butter a piece of bread and toast it in the little skillet.:LOL:

XOXOX

I wouldn't try to flip them, Addie:LOL: Using a little skillet, they are very thin and cover the bottom of the pan and up the sides.

They are so easy to turn over. You can pick up an edge and turn them over with your hand.

The picture I had when I read your post of the crepe folding up like a fan and ending up on the burner gave me a laugh. Then I got worried.

Please don't. I'd hate to see you burn your hand trying to get it off the burner.

If you've really got an urge to do some pan flipping, try this; butter a piece of bread and toast it in the little skillet.:LOL:

XOXOX

Thanks for the concern Z. My first husband taught me how to flip more than 45 years ago. Once you get used to doing it, it becomes easy. When I was first trying to learn, he got frustrated with me and told me he was going to make me practice like he learned. With frozen peas in a very shallow small pan. Gee, it is amazing how quickly you can learn something if you really want to. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom