Cooking Websites ♥

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
Besides DC. What are your favorite cooking websites?! That you like browsing through to see the different things they cook?!

I like Pioneer Woman, I've watched her show a few times.

There are many that I go to depending on what I am interested in making. My favorites are food.com, allrecipes.ca, bbqpitboys.com and chefkoch.de

Last edited:
If I see something I'd like to make from a cooking show, then I use their website, i.e., cooking channel or food network, to check out the recipe. If I like it, I copy the recipe to a Word document and make any changes I'd like.

If it's an ingredient I'm looking for recipe ideas, I just google the ingredient plus "recipe" and see what comes up. Usually more ideas come from Allrecipes, but also cooks.com, plus Food Network or cooking channel.

Epicurious, Pioneer Woman, Food.com, and allrecipes. :)

Although, I pretty much quit reading the reviews on allrecipes. They are one of the worst I've seen for changing the recipe to where it's nearly unrecognizable as the original recipe, then rating it 5 star. Oy. :huh: I still go there for ideas though.

I like Tastespotting dot com. Food pictures. If something looks good, new or interesting, it's easy to click on the pic and read the recipe. Reader submitted. Bloggers, Professional bloggers and some sponsored recipes. I usually follow-up with my own recipe search for other options before I actually put together one of the recipes though. It's a starting point. And besides, just because it gets posted, all it means iniitally is that the author is a good food photographer, not necessarily a good cook. Sometimes both.
It's worth a look-see.

I'll admit to being a Chew-a-holic. I've made quite a few recipes that have been demonstrated on the show: Watch the chew Online - Watch Full Episodes Online - ABC.com

I also find a lot to like as a recipe or a starting point from both Allrecipes - Recipes and cooking confidence for home cooks everywhere, Epicurious.com: Recipes, Menus, Cooking Articles & Food Guides, and The Kitchn | Inspiring cooks, nourishing homes ~ all mentioned above.

There are two other sites I like to go to, Big Red Kitchen | a regular gathering of distinguished guests and Blue Kitchen, but mostly for their entertainment values. I have made a recipe or two from each site however.

Got Garlic mentioned Cook's Illustrated. Also cooks country and America's Test Kitchen. Check out PBS from Atlanta on Saturday. I have my TEVO set. The ATK and Cooks Country are back to back. They really are the best cooking shows on TV. If you go to ATK website there is a deal for $29 to get all the recipes for 2006-present. It is like 800 pages and is awesome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom