Accompaniments for Butternut Squash Risotto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menumaker

Sous Chef
We have a friend and her aged parents coming for lunch next week. I am going to serve fresh Tomato soup to start with followed by Butternut squash Risotto and although I know that a green side salad will work fine I wondered if anyone can think of something a little more original. I will make a Vanilla Panna Cotta with blackberry coulis for dessert. As you can tell, we are going for 'light' choices due to her Mum and Dad's age and dietary needs. Thanks ;)

That is a fantastic suggestion GG. If only figs were easier to get here. They show up at the grocer very breifly at the very beginning of summer and very end if summer. I will have to bookmark this for next year.

MM, your menu sounds wonderful. Do you have a recipe for the butternut squash rissoto? I'm a sucker for squash recipes.

Here in Tx. we are getting a ton of asperagus now from South America. I like this very much in place of a Green Salad.

Eric, Austin Tx.

That is a fantastic suggestion GG. If only figs were easier to get here. They show up at the grocer very breifly at the very beginning of summer and very end if summer. I will have to bookmark this for next year.

MM, your menu sounds wonderful. Do you have a recipe for the butternut squash rissoto? I'm a sucker for squash recipes.
You could finish it with a drizzle of maple-balsamic glaze (equal parts maple syrup and white balsamic vinegar reduced to about 1/2).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom