Home delivery meal services

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My late mum would be horrified to know people order pre packed foods to cook. She would call these people lazy. Only because she has a garden and used that. We are the same here, we grow and freeze all sorts. I've never ordered pre packed goods. Although my granddaughter wanted uber eats when she was here last week. My wife obliged. She loved it.
Grandkids huh?

Russ

I have never order them but did get interviewed by someone thinking of starting a company do it.

His target was people who like to cook nice meals but who lived in areas without ready access to kind of higher end ingredients and limited time to cook.

The interview did kind of change my way of looking at theses plans but for the price I will just go to a restaurant and let someone else wash the dishes. :ROFLMAO:

I have never order them but did get interviewed by someone thinking of starting a company do it.

His target was people who like to cook nice meals but who lived in areas without ready access to kind of higher end ingredients and limited time to cook.

The interview did kind of change my way of looking at theses plans but for the price I will just go to a restaurant and let someone else wash the dishes. :ROFLMAO:

I get my lunch delivered five day a week. I end up tossing aluminum foil and foam containers away. This elder service needs to read that article.

I am more concerned with the tossing of plastics into our waste than the food. Why not use heavy duty carboard paper or even paper bags for the raw veggies and other articles that would qualify for such usage? The leftover food can make great compost.

Last edited:
You need to think of food waste as more than "leftover food". When you toss spoiled food, time, energy, and resources from the initial planting of food through harvest, transportation, storage, preparation, and then disposal needs to be calculated.
How to Reduce Food Waste

I guess the meal delivery kits reduce food waste by keeping leftovers to a minimum - both from the actual meals and the measured raw ingredients used to prepare the dish. We, personally, toss very little food. Actually, we toss very little anything, period. If you guys saw how little trash is in our 96-gallon trash cart every other week (because the companies around here do not offer once-a-month trash pick-up), you would be amazed.

Since last July, I eat very small meals now. Pirate can get three meals out of a 1/4 pounder for me. We stopped buying bread completely. I don't like it and he doesn't want to eat a whole loaf by himself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom