Late night meals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Popcorn dipped in peanut butter, or. Cheese slices, or glass of milk, ice cream, one square of 70% cacao chocolate with a dollop of orange marmalade ...

A bowl of ice cream, peanut butter and crackers, bowl of cereal, a can of black olives, a small bag of potato chips, pop corn, graham crackers and butter, or anything that doesn't have to be cooked. I usually start to eat, then never finish what I have. I find that I eat when I am looking for something to do. And I always have a cup of coffee in my hand. Make about three or four pots a day. :ohmy:

And I always have a cup of coffee in my hand. Make about three or four pots a day. :ohmy:
Ditto! I jokingly tell people that I'd hook up to an IV machine of coffee if I could. My coffee pot goes at all times of the day.

For late night snacking, my favourite is a couple pieces of toast with some cheese melted on top. I try not to snack too close to bed though, because I find I wake up hungrier in the morning if I do.

you get home late, you are hungry, G-d knows there could be million reasons. I try not to eat late. But becasue of my crazy scedule sometimes i do not get to eat at the normal time, so I eat late when I get home around 9 PM or so. By the way i don't know how people can eat that late on a regular bases. And I know that I should eat, becasue i try not to, I end up not sleeping and getting up in the middleo f the night and looking for something to eat, and then for sure it is not healthy. My fasavorite snack if I am really hungry at night a sandwich with cold cuts and a pickle or a pickled tomato on a side.

good grief. my refrigerator light bulp burnt out years ago. I suppose I should replace it. I keep a flash light handy.

Next to the telephone. Then I Dial Pizza Delivery.

Simple.

Last edited:
I know some people still mistakenly believe that food eaten late at night is bad for you, but it's totally untrue. Your body doesn't treat a calorie consumed at 5 pm any differently than it does one eaten at 11 pm or 4 am! Your metabolism rate isn't magically given a "boost" by not eating after a specific time of the day either. =)

I'm a fan PB toast for my late night snack. <3

I prefer croissants, carrot cake, steam buns, pan fried roti paratha with eggs (eastern style pancake), creamy soup, toasted garlic bread, dim sum mini snacks

Seriously, no. Who eats in the middle of the night? Or late? Why?

People who work the night shift. I worked nights 4 days a week for 11 years...changing to a day shift was a HUGE task, mostly because of my eating schedule. My breakfast was @ 5:30 PM, lunch @ 11 PM, dinner @ 3 AM. It did not vary by much on my days off.

Oh yes I get that bit. People who work nights/shifts etc. That makes sense.

I mean for any other reason like just staying up late or waking up in the middle of the night.

For a fast late night snack and very filling; Plain rice caks with PB and nuked. The PB melts down through the rice cake and is nice and warm. Drink of choce. I usually have coffee or cocoa. Bonus? Healthy for you. Grains and nuts. :yum:

Depends on my mood, what I am doing, and where I am at.
If its at the end of the evening, and Im just a bit hungry, usually a few crackers with cheese or peanut butter, or cream cheese Or popcorn, or chips. Something salty to end the evening.
If I am hungrier, up for a good while for some reason, it will be more substantial, a steak, a burger, ramen noodles, just something more substantial.

Back
Top Bottom