Need a dish to make me popular!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siegal

Sous Chef
I just started my baby at school and they are having an event at one of the mothers homes and you need to bring a dish or dessert . I'm brand new and want to make friends so need something to help me stand out. It's a kosher style event so no pork, shellfish, mixed dairy meat in one dish. I'm thinking baklava? Lychee mousse cake? Any idea for something special??

Here's an idea:

Attachments

• 44895327504849613_M53L4CFh_b.jpg
    44895327504849613_M53L4CFh_b.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 150
I made this Greek salad for a work potluck once. These days, many people want healthy items and some people have told me they avoid hot items at potlucks because you can't know how careful the maker was with food temperatures.

I used homemade tzatziki sauce for the dressing:

Attachments

• DSC02903.jpg
    DSC02903.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 261
mollyanne said:
Here's an idea:

I was at a thanksgiving dinner once where skewers like this were on a turkey centerpiece as feathers. Very nice!

I made this Greek salad for a work potluck once. These days, many people want healthy items and some people have told me they avoid hot items at potlucks because you can't know how careful the maker was with food temperatures.

I used homemade tzatziki sauce for the dressing:
Care to share the recipe? :chef: Looks great!

That sounds very intresting, but before you prepare any meal you should decide who you are making the dish for ( age group,sex,origin,class) as diffrent people enjoy diffrent types of foods. Once you know this,it will be easy to decide on what kind dish do you preapare.

Back
Top Bottom