What goes with Hawaiian Pineapple Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxlax

Assistant Cook
Im a cooking noob, and the only thing I have for my dinner party tomorrow is some Hawaiian Pineapple Steaks. What sides would be good to go with the sweeter flavor of the steaks?

I would do a rice pilaf/fried rice with some more fruit vegetables, slivered almonds or chopped macadamia nuts and a green vegetable or simple green salad. A coconut something for dessert. Macaroons and sherbert or ice cream maybe.

First off.........Welcome to Discuss Cooking!!! We hope you stay around and feel free to join in anywhere.

To your question.......Jasmine rice would be nice follow package directions. Mixed veg would be good, most commonly served is a pepper mix. I myself don't care for peppers and would do green beans. Whichever you choose, start with garlic and shallots in EVOO til fragrant 10-20 seconds, add veg and saute on med till done. You could add in a small amount of boullion and water cover and cook til soft.

Remember..........play with your food!

welcome to DC.

In sticking with a Hawaiian theme, and having lived in Hawaii, straight up scoop of sticky rice, with a little Nori powder/sushi seasoning on top. For veg, Sky is the limit. A lot of authentic Hawaiian dishes(not saying that Pineapple steaks are traditional) don't monkey with a veg, it is very starch heavy diet when it comes to sides, even the Poi.

The suggestion of a pepper mix would make the most sense, just going off the sweetness.

aww, tatt beat me to it again.

my frst thought was a very ustarchy, salty rice.

i would go with sticky rice sprinkled with a wakame mix or something like it. i can't recall the name of those rice sprinkle mixes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom