Whats cooking for Thanksgiving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Turkey , mashed/w/garlic ,gravy
onion pie
cheesecake/rasberry topping
stuffed shells/homemade tomato sauce/spinach/cheese
shrimp cocktail
onion soup
lime granita
Aspargraus/w/apricot-ginger
beer,wine
stuffing

I just hope the two of us can handle it!

Would be happy to pull up a chair, S&P! Your menu sounds wonderful!

I have no idea, we go to my BIL's. Cornbread stuffing for sure, SIL is a Southerner. And I bring escalloped corn.

Whoo-hoo. I ususally bring Scalloped Corn. I 've tried unsuccessfully to slip in different cranberry compotes over the years too, but that side of the family only likes the canned jelly kind which is considered Ruined if the can marks are disturbed.

My BIL called me last night and asked me to bring Green Beans. After 30 some years of making corn casserole, only at holiday time, It is refreshing to be asked to bring something else.

I am thinking of making whole baby green beans with a red wine vinegar, olive oil dijon, garlic, and fresh snipped rosemary - sauce. Maybe a little lemon juice and some small onion ring slices mixed in. Let this marinate.

I won't call it a Salad, even though the sauce suspiciously resembles 3 bean salad minus 2 beans. Serve it at room temperature and I get points for freeing up oven space too.

Fred

At my parents house there is Turkey, Stuffing, cranberries, corn caserole, green bean caserole, mashed taters, sweet potatoes.

And I bring the Brussel Sprouts with candied walnuts and pomegranite

Back
Top Bottom