"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Farm to Table
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2021, 09:13 PM   #1
Master Chef

Hey Pepperheads! Some new scorchers available...

I get all of my herb and pepper plants from Bonnie, and have done so for at least 20 years. Their plants are excellent.

They have teamed up with "Smokin' Ed" Curry at Puckerbutt, inventor of THE Guinness Book of World Records hottest peppers, the Carolina Reaper and PepperX, to offer four of his pepper plants.

It looks like they are direct order only. I know they aren't available at the nurseries around me.

https://bonnieplants.com/puckerbutt/

So, if you like good tasting peppers that will also melt your face, check these out.

CD

Old 04-22-2021, 11:12 PM   #2
Head Chef

CD, My only superhot this season is the Death Spiral - an unusual looking pepper, hotter than the ghost peppers, and a few have been as hot as the reapers, just not consistently. I only grew it out of curiosity, plus that kid I know wanted another superhot. He grew a chocolate reaper last season, and we tried it together - I told him it was not as hot as the red reaper, and asked me how on earth I could tell, with something that hot!
https://www.rareseeds.com/store/vege...ral-hot-pepper

The Death Spiral plants I have are about 8-10" tall, and very bushy already - one for him, one for me. I have a number of other extras for him, even more than last year, the first year I got him into growing peppers, and got him hooked!

Tags
pepper