Finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
Yesterday my son Finally got engaged. After living together for more than 2 years he asked his girlfriend to marry him. I am overjoyed. Can't wait for grandchildren. How do I add a big smile here from a phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Congratulations! Wonderful that more people will be part of your family. I don't know if I said that right, but it is great that your family will be expanding, rather than shrinking. Malzatov (misspelt---you know what I mean). Can't wait for the recipes of what will be on the menu for the wedding dinner!

Congratulations Papa Chuck! Soon to be Dedushka Chuck. May G_d bless you with many grandchildren to love and adore.

Mazel tov.

Congrats to you and your son and soon to be daughter in law!

Thank you, thank you everybody.

As far as the menu, he found himself a princess, her father is doing ok, so I am sure it's going to be in some fancy restaurant.
Nobody is going to ask for my opinion on that one.

Congrats Charlie!!

IMG_1520.jpg

Here you go. Is it big enough? :angel:

Congratulations, Charlie. :flowers: Get ready for a whole new phase of life - it's a wonderful ride!

Ok, I am getting nervous now. We are traveling to Miami to meet future in-laws. What the heck am I going to talk to them about? These are not my pears. These are people with a lots of money, different society completely. I am a blue color worker, well pretty much, and they are freaking millionaires. Not that there is anything wrong with being reach, good for them. But it is still not helping me.

Don't worry, Charlie. You have plenty of good stories to share, you have been through a lot.

Eh, they might have just as many, they are also russians, well from Soviet Union.

And strangely nothing even comes to mind. What do people talk about. If we were equals we'd discuss the wedding and what is involved. But even my son says not to bother, even he almost has no saying in the whole deal.

Ok, I am getting nervous now. We are traveling to Miami to meet future in-laws. What the heck am I going to talk to them about? These are not my pears. These are people with a lots of money, different society completely. I am a blue color worker, well pretty much, and they are freaking millionaires. Not that there is anything wrong with being reach, good for them. But it is still not helping me.

What do rich people and everyone else have in common? Food! What they like to eat, what they like to cook. Physical activities, walking, working, sports. Favorite holiday. Good qualities of your grown child. Hopes, dreams. Where you grew up, your ethnic backgrounds, your favorite child hood memories. Remember, you both put your pants on, one leg at a time! And not religion and politics. Just like here. :)

Eh, they might have just as many, they are also russians, well from Soviet Union.

And strangely nothing even comes to mind. What do people talk about. If we were equals we'd discuss the wedding and what is involved. But even my son says not to bother, even he almost has no saying in the whole deal.

Charlie, you ARE equals in that both families have grown children who want to spend their lives with each other and raise children. Don't feel like you have to get to know everything about each other in one evening at dinner - just let the conversation take it's course. :) I'll bet you are pleasantly surprised.

Try not to put too much emphasis on who has what amount of money - in the long run it's the future married couple who are pledging their lives to one another, not the in-laws.

What do rich people and everyone else have in common? Food! What they like to eat, what they like to cook....Remember, you both put your pants on, one leg at a time! And not religion and politics. Just like here. :)
Charlie, I think this is a good suggestion. If you can make yourself relax, you'll probably have such a good time you'll forget that you were ever nervous. Hope all works out well for you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom