Good Bye My Darling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so, so sorry to hear of your great loss, Princess. Very thankful you made the move to be so close to your folks, especially at this time. I'm sure it's comforting to have their love and support and not have to be alone right now. Please try to remember to take care of yourself. (((love and hugs))) :heart:

Oh no, soooo sorry PF. How you loved your darling Ogre. Deepest condolences and {{{{hugs}}}.

Last edited:
I'm resting finally, zonked out in Shrek's recliner last night.

Thank Everyone. DC gives me something to do while I'm taking a break.

Got together in e-mail and phone calls with the kids. We will be having Shrek's wake in June when the kids can all get here and we can get to the campground in the Snowy Range where it will be held.

I haven't been to DC in a while. I heard about your loss and just wanted to send my condolences. :(

Here is the very short story I wrote for Cheryl:

[FONT=&quot]Shrek was born and raised in Laramie, WY. During the summers he spent a lot of time up in the forests along the Snowy Range, his Uncle was the Forest Ranger for the Medicine Bow National Forest out of Centennial, WY. Libby Creek is one of the outlets of the string of lakes up in the Snowys and flows through Centennial to the Laramie River and so on to the Mississippi.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Here are some links to pictures from around the area:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kyle Spradley Photography | Outdoor & Nature Photographer + Multimedia-Video Producer | Laramie, Wyoming Photo Keywords: snowy range[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.vedauwoo.org/snowy-range/[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Libby Creek was his playground, he learned to fish there, learned hiking and as he grew older the whole of the Snowy Range was all his for roaming and his most favorite place in the world.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
I also grew up heading up to Libby Creek and beyond, it remains one of my most favorite places in the world. Me, the kids, his brothers and friends will be there in June to spread Shrek’s ashes and to hold a wake for him.[/FONT]

Beautiful story, pictures, and testimony to Shrek and the life he loved. Thank you for sharing, Princess. :heart:

I have no idea how I missed this tribute to your husband..

Having experienced the loss of my first wife 25 years ago, I have a small understanding of your pain..

Please remain strong.. He lives on through your memories of being a couple..

Ross

That will be a beautiful tribute to him, PF.
[FONT=&quot]After I picked up my wife's ashes. I drove out to Oxnard, where we went for most of the 29 anniversaries we celebrated, and rented a kayak. The people there were very helpful getting the two of us launched, and I paddled out to the marina entrance. It took about a half hour of paddling until I could get clear of the breakwater and out into the open sea. The conditions were not too bad, only a one to two foot swell, which made things easier for me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I opened the bag with her ashes, and slowly poured them into the sea. I said a few prayers for her, and watched as the ashes dispersed into the water. I sat there for a while, reminiscing over the 30 years we spent together, and slowly paddled back to the landing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After changing into dry clothes, I went upstairs to the restaurant we always ate at when we came here. I felt a small pang of remembrance and guilt, as this was the first time in a while that I had no one to help up the stairs.[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom