Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Talk to my boss, said he's been trying to get time to talk to me. (thought I was in trouble for something) Office was closed so it just us. he told me he was impressed with how fast I have caught on to things and that he liked my attitude. Felt really good, especially since I had my doubts that I could even do this job.

I met the sweetest lady today while I was in Wal&reens reading magazines waiting for pic developement. 81 years young, top of the mark, in great shape and cuter than a kitty. I fell in love and she invited me to dinner. I hugged her until she almost ran out of breath, she was soooo darling....and made me smile, she smiled too:-p

I met the sweetest lady today while I was in Wal&reens reading magazines waiting for pic developement. 81 years young, top of the mark, in great shape and cuter than a kitty. I fell in love and she invited me to dinner. I hugged her until she almost ran out of breath, she was soooo darling....and made me smile, she smiled too:-p

You are special, you know that??

I have been sorting thru totes and totes of old photo's and negatives and came across these this morning. They deffinately made me smile. Thought I would share them with you since Halloween is just around the corner.
This my son Andrew's very first halloween costume. 1997
img_698528_0_8ecaf728e724195156e7d5a66377a696.jpg

Here he is as policeman. 2001
img_698528_1_8008886cb45a1e459cd9efca320c76b5.jpg

And halloween 2003 as a cowboy.
img_698528_2_191fd293bd1b3b15769fbceeab50d938.jpg

you made them? WOW!!

I've only bought one of his costumes and that was a fireman. The most difficult one was Joseph's Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I bought the video for me to enjoy and he got hooked on it when he was 6 or 7 years old. I know I have pics of it somewhere. I'm still going thru pictures. I really enjoyed making them, but he doesn't treat or treat anymore.

i have one great granddaughter who is almost a year old. she will be a butterfly.

another is two, don't know yet what she will be. all the rest are to grown-up.

hardly any trick or treaters here in park. there are kids in here just don't think many are interested. i miss all the fun when mine were little.

babe:(

i have one great granddaughter who is almost a year old. she will be a butterfly.

hardly any trick or treaters here in park. there are kids in here just don't think many are interested. i miss all the fun when mine were little.

me too! We don't get any here. I loved taking my kids. It was so much fun to see all the different costumes. DH just misses stealing the boys candy:LOL:

me too! We don't get any here. I loved taking my kids. It was so much fun to see all the different costumes. DH just misses stealing the boys candy:LOL:

my husband used to put out a pumpkin with a speaker in it. then he would wait behind the drapes. he would talk to all the kids. it made us laugh to see how many kids really got into it. specially the very small ones. they would talk back. he would say" do u like pumpkin pie?" most would say yes, then he would say " boo hoo, you ate my friends" that was pretty much for those over four. we had such a good time, the best group to scare was the cocky 11 or 12 years old boys. husband would let out blood curdling yowels and watch them fly off our porch. for that group also he would dress as a monster and come out from side of garage and scare them.

i miss it and i very much miss my husband.

babe:ROFLMAO:

We have never had a trick or treater in all the 36 years we've lived here. We all live 5 acres or more apart, if they did come they would probably ask for water. Or maybe directions!

I fondly remember trick or treat when I was a kid. My mom made all my costumes. They were always very creative and I was frequently invited in for pictures, cider and doughnuts. Those were good times.

That was then and this is now. We now have the days of drugs and razor blades in apples, our kids should not take from the treats till checked and teenagers that come to the door with no costume at all and scoff at you if the treats are not good enough. At least that is what we get here. I would love to see some little kids in adorable costumes and enjoy the day for what it used to be. Sorry, not really smiley.

AC

Back
Top Bottom