Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Taking my grandson Sammy trick or treating. Kind of bittersweet though-It makes me realize how fast he's growing. I didn't want the night to end.

Folks, these are the "good ol' days" that we'll look back on someday. Cherish them.

We have an inside calico kitty named Sally who turned one-year-old on Buck's birthday in June. She's always been full of "beans" and we gave her the nickname of "The Rocket," because she did everything at racing speed. However, her "full" name is Silly Sally Calli Gal.

Well, she lived up to the "silly" part of her name this week.

For a week or so I've had a basket of veggies on the counter, some of which were ripening banana peppers. No biggie.

Last week I came downstairs in the morning to find several of the peppers on the family room floor. Okay. I picked them up and put them back into the basket.

A few days later, I found (maybe) the same peppers on the kitchen floor. Put them back into the basket one more time.

Then, on Thursday, I was working in the kitchen when I noticed, out of the corner of my eye, Sally jumping onto the counter and, with a very sneaky look on her face, plucking two peppers out of the basket.

She quickly hopped down and rocketed into the family room with them.

All I could do was smile and laugh.

She was definitely "Silly" Sally.

It amazes me sometimes just how much personality pets can have! Your story brought back found memories for me, Thank you Katie! :cat::wub:

Taking my grandson Sammy trick or treating. Kind of bittersweet though-It makes me realize how fast he's growing. I didn't want the night to end.

Folks, these are the "good ol' days" that we'll look back on someday. Cherish them.
Each and every one..I look at my grandkids and my heart just swells til I think it might burst..I am continually amazed at how much love they give us..I love every minute I get to spend with them, just hate when they have to go home, but then, I look at their mom's and dads and realize how lucky they all are.

kadesma

I agree smoke king and kadesma. Time goes by so fast. I got to spend the evening with both my grandsons tonight as it was my oldest grandsons' 8th birthday. They both just make my life complete! I didn't want to leave to come home cuz I miss not being with them. They both make me smile........

Barb

I agree smoke king and kadesma. Time goes by so fast. I got to spend the evening with both my grandsons tonight as it was my oldest grandsons' 8th birthday. They both just make my life complete! I didn't want to leave to come home cuz I miss not being with them. They both make me smile........

Barb
I just love my grand kids so much..Up to a year ago I use to watch 3 of them 3 days a week..Then I got sick and and now they go to a baby sitter and it hurts so much...They are what keep me going still..They are my heart and my reason for living. I know to some that is foolish, but to me it's complete love.
kadesma

my best memories were those spent with my grandparents in the summers...............and before he died my grandfather told me that he would never forget me crying when we had to leave.......those of you with grandbabies are providing them with more love and security than you can imagine.......they will never forget you.....

my husband's neighbor had a hyper dog who would literally race up the tree after a squirrel and once airborne look down and wonder how the he** he got there........they had to rescue him time and time again..........how can you resist a scared weenie dog??

my husband's neighbor had a hyper dog who would literally race up the tree after a squirrel and once airborne look down and wonder how the he** he got there........they had to rescue him time and time again..........how can you resist a scared weenie dog??
Oh deb,
you just gave me the best laugh I've had in a long time..Just the idea of that doxie in mid air has me falling of tis chair...Ah doxies my two best friends were Max and Maggie..How I miss them
kades

The last thing that made me smile was watching my daughter and her mini doxie play in the floor tonight like the two little silly kids they are. I had to break out the camcorder...priceless memories. :)

Well, Novice, keep that camcorder handy and charged.......you have many more years of memories to go...............wait until you're at her wedding.......you won't have a dry eye left.............I boohooed during my daughter's kindergarten graduation.........when she graduated from college last year it was just de jas vou all over again.............lots of memories to go ..............

glad you had fun with it......but can you just imagine a dog in the middle of a large oak tree wondering how he got there in the first place and the squirrel making fun of him???

Well, Novice, keep that camcorder handy and charged.......you have many more years of memories to go...............wait until you're at her wedding.......you won't have a dry eye left.............I boohooed during my daughter's kindergarten graduation.........when she graduated from college last year it was just de jas vou all over again.............lots of memories to go ..............

Oh my goodness yes! I cried uncontrollably when she completed kindergarten...and first grade, and second and ....well you get the picture. :ROFLMAO: I cry at every birthday party, darn near every milestone. When she gets married they're going to have to have an oxygen tank nearby! :ohmy:

Sorry! :cry:

I'm a hard a$$...except when it comes to her. I ball my eyes out just watching her sleep. I'm such a wuss! :ROFLMAO:

yeah, wussies unite..............and Kari is now 24 or will be soon in Feb.........where has the time gone.................do appreciate your children.........god only gives them to you for a certain amount of time.......and then they no longer belong to you...........

oReading a little better, takes times - but I :clap:can.

Thats wonderful Barb!! We often take things like that for granted but the second we dont have it anymore.....very frustrating Im sure!
So glad things are improving for you!!!:):)

My smile is actually from a couple of days ago but I still am constantly smiling about it!! My fiance wrote me and said he booked tickets for the three of us to fly to California the 11th to see my family and best friend that has just given birth to her first child!! Well shes a month old now but she was almost 3 months pre-mature.....she is doing great!! So I get to see them for the first time! As well as my parents havent seen their granddaughter in over a year!! She is so excited to see her "PawPaw"!!:wub::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom