Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what a generous gesture to make..........you're right........ it's the little things in life that come full circle back to you.....and in heaps....sorry about your loss.......I lost a friend a few weeks ago, too, and still trying to wrap my brain around it........

My bigger dog is upset because she usually gets a walk now but DH is working and he took them after lunch instead. But she is a creature of habit and so she is litterally sulking with her head in the corner and her back to me. It is giving me quite the chuckle, specially when she kind sighs to make sure I know she is there!

Cold as crap here and the family room is, let's say "chilly." It would be warmer but my children won't let me use the woodstove to heat since Buck died, so I'm having to rely on alternative heat sources. Minimal at best.

At any rate, at the moment I'm being "warmed" by 4 of our inside kitties, Ashley(my avatar), Sally, Chessie, and Miss Augie. all soundly asleep on my lap on top of the afghan I draped over.

Better for me than a "three-dog night!" My kitties have been taking good care of me.

Awww, Katie, that is so sweet. Much better than my Violet giving me the cold shoulder!

I am glad you have your kitties to keep you warm and to keep you company. Fur babies are so special, they know just what you need.

An email from my grandson Sammy (7 y.o.)

A 200 word run-on sentence extolling the virtues of particular "Pokemon" characters (his current passion)

Even in written form, he could not hide his enthusiasm, and if I'm not mistaken, he planted some sort of Christmas hint in my subconcious!!

I'll print it out and save it. I'll show it to him, and maybe one of his girlfriends, when he's older!:chef:

Bob, that is so precious! I am sure you now know more than you ever wanted to about Pokemon!

Yep-and before that it was "Mortal Kombat" (video game) and before that, the "littlest pet shop", and before that "Finding Nemo".....I can only guess what it will be next.

It doesn't matter what it is-I just consider myself fortunate to be able to see things through his eyes. Makes all the bad in the world a little less so-even if only for a moment.:)

Yep-and before that it was "Mortal Kombat" (video game) and before that, the "littlest pet shop", and before that "Finding Nemo".....I can only guess what it will be next.

It doesn't matter what it is-I just consider myself fortunate to be able to see things through his eyes. Makes all the bad in the world a little less so-even if only for a moment.:)
Aren't they wonderful, I have picture all over my refrigerator and even one I had framed ..Cade painted a tropical fish for me when I was in the hospital and it hangs in my computer room now where I can see it at all times..They are so trusting and bright they make you feel as if you are the only person in the world.
kadesma

Cold as crap here and the family room is, let's say "chilly." It would be warmer but my children won't let me use the woodstove to heat since Buck died, so I'm having to rely on alternative heat sources. Minimal at best.

At any rate, at the moment I'm being "warmed" by 4 of our inside kitties, Ashley(my avatar), Sally, Chessie, and Miss Augie. all soundly asleep on my lap on top of the afghan I draped over.

Better for me than a "three-dog night!" My kitties have been taking good care of me.

nothing like a warm fat cat or dog to heat you up on a cold night......Zoe slept with me this morning........I'm now in a long robe with a pair of woolie socks and a warm jacket............

Ahh how I envy all of you with your warm little buddies..I miss having Maggie under the covers at my feet...I can still hear the sigh she would give if I touched her with cold feet.:) Life with a pet is wonderful they love you just because.
kadesma

I love pokemon!! LOL pika pika, hehe. That was my boys "in" toy and they had everything under the sun. Wish I still had half of it, I could make some money!!

Deelady made me smile, a kind, bright, and beautiful person that has been an unexpected friendship!!!!

My dear hubby made me smile when he called me from his new job a little while ago saying he volunteered to make supper, then asked me how to make home made hamburgers!

Was invited to my brother's house this afternoon to meet my first great niece, Emma Kate. She was born September 13 and is a beautiful little girl.

She seems so calm and slept most of the time I was there - about 2 hours.

Her mom and dad, my brother's son, had reported she was a good baby, but we all thought they were still under the blush of new parenthood. She really is a good baby.

She's especially "welcomed" because there hasn't been a girl born into the family in over a generation. Our children have only produced sons so far. "Go Emma Kate!"

Well, my boys give me lots of smiles every day but I had to share this with you guys...
Aidan made a book today about Luke Skywalker and Ewoks. This is just a couple pages. I love how he interpreted Ewoks as a lowercase e with legs :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0378.jpg
    IMG_0378.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 205
That's wonderful, Corazon! I think he would get along great with Maverick's daughter (see his thread on her not wanting to be interrupted while watching Star Wars!)

Aidan has a wonderful imagination!

I got online to a pm that made me smile because someone older and wiser than I understood me and offered some good advice.

Back
Top Bottom