Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nate,

glad that you got the dead weight off.......hope all goes well in "somewhere nice".....and that you have a great day.........nothing is worse than someone who doesn't want to be a team player and carry the load........

I went to see Artistic Luxury Faberge Tiffany Lalique at The Cleveland Museum of Art: The Cleveland Museum of Art
"Just over 100 years ago, three of the world's greatest designers, Peter Carl Faberge, Louis Comfort Tiffany, and Rene Lalique, engaged in a spirited rivalry that drove each to attain unsurpassed heights in the creation of jewelry and luxury goods"

"In this opulent exhibition, you will see their greated masterworks reunited for the first time since the legendary 1900 World's Fair in Paris provided a glamorous stage for all three designers to shine."
From the brochure

Exhibition highlights:
The Cleveland Museum of Art

My friend and I want to a have a "Tiara Nights" party, now. lol If Andy were living and had gone to the exhibit he would have said that his flabber was gast. That is a good description.

I have been smiling ever since leaving the museum and visiting with John and Debbie over dinner at Judson.

Last edited:
Susan, that is my kind of museum!

My last smile came from DH who told me how beautiful I looked today...in my baggiest comfort clothes and no make-up!

Yesterday I asked if you guys thought I could cook up a certain thing for dinner and you said YES! And you were right!!!! It was WONDERFUL!! I'm a good cook! I know that ... I just forget sometimes!

Our evening was great! Our friend brought me some Persian tea and a tea maker that makes the most wonderful tea. OH YUMMMY! And I got extra hugs!!!! What could be better???

Yesterday I asked if you guys thought I could cook up a certain thing for dinner and you said YES! And you were right!!!! It was WONDERFUL!! I'm a good cook! I know that ... I just forget sometimes!

Our evening was great! Our friend brought me some Persian tea and a tea maker that makes the most wonderful tea. OH YUMMMY! And I got extra hugs!!!! What could be better???

more tea?? sounds great, Trish.......... I missed that posting.....of course you can cook........:chef:

My mom and I talked about the Artistic Luxury Exhibit and she remembered parts of it. She went in October or November so I was pleased that she remembered what she did. That was my smile for today.

My best friend's 13 year old son is taking Web Design lessons from me and I am smiling because he replied to my marking of his latest assignment with "Thanks Teach"! You had to be here....I have known this kid since he was 6 months old.

watching my basset hound, Lily, dream this morning. She is curled up in a chair and her little paws are twitching, she must be chasing squirrels in her dreams.

My mom and I went to hear Al Mazur sing accompanied by pianist Gene Sotsky. She had a great time listening to the old romantic songs and even started blushing. It was really cute.

Looking at the afghan across my lap. Well, really, my cat-draped lap. Miss Rodeo, Sally and Miss Augie are all snuggled in a huge furry mass across my ankles, shins and thighs. They are sound, sound, sound asleep and look so comfy and happy. Makes me feel good that I can provide a safe, loving place for them.

Aww. Katie, I know exactly what you mean.

My leg has been very swollen today so I have been keeping it up in the manner my physio recommended. Lay on the bed with a chair inverted so I can lay a pillow across the back and lay my leg on it so the knee is above my heart. I put a blanket over me to keep my toes warm as I can't wear socks. I woke up from a nap to find my two dogs curled up as tight as they could get between the base of the chair (at my hip) and my armpit!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom