Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's awesome, Luvs..............I once had a 100% average in a class and the prof would only give me a 99......said nobody was perfect.....el jerko......that means you worked hard............so congratulations!!!!!!:):)

i appreciate you guys!!!!! i studied plenty. next we've got practicals, one where you cut 2 potatoes into 1.5 ounces each of battonet, small dice, julienne, & brunoise within 20 minutes. then we cook 12 ounces of hollandaise at & hold it at 115, a quart of espagnole at 160, a quart of veloute at 160, & rice pilaf. we've 2 hours fer that. THEN we can see my grade, oh my!!

ok, Girlfriend, I need a translator here......let's see........battonet, brunoise, I think that I know what espagnole is but would not take a test on it..........yippee.....I know what a veloute is but I know it's got to be just right...........oh, I would love to be taking a cooking class......better smelling than a bacteriology lab where everything smells like mold........and on an early Saturday morn.............one girl would come in green at the gills for staying out and imbibing all night and leave even greener............your course sounds like fun............:):)

How our two dogs have taken so quickly to my Dad living here. Even when he first arrived they never jumped up on him as they do other "visitors". They are constantly lying at his feet or on his bed and really making him feel loved. It has really helped to make his transition from living alone a lot easier and that puts a big smile on my face.

Nothing like a pooch to make you feel special. Just the look in those big eyes can melt you heart. I'm so happy for all of you.I'd give anything for just one hour with my dad and mom.
kades

Kades, I would give anything for you to have that time. It has only been five days since Dad moved in but it feels so right and I know he is much happier (and in some ways healthier) for it! Having the dogs cuddle with him is only part of it, but I know that it is a huge part. I think this arrangement is great for all of us.

Like I said the other night Laurie, they are excited to have Grandpa visit! I'm so glad they have taken to each other so well! My dad sometimes said (jokingly, of course) that he didn't like little kids or cats, and yet they both have always flocked to him. Other than my mom's dog Baby, who only tolerated him and didn't like short men at all, dogs feel the same about him!

I would love to see a picture of your dad with the "grandkids!"

Luvs, a belated congratulations on your midterm grades!

:)Barbara

The last thing that made me really smile...
When I picked up my son from school yesterday he was smiling from ear to ear. He than said to me, "Hey Mom, guess what I saw on the bulletin board today on my way to Ms. Wilson class?" I replied, "What was that kiddo?"
He had a biography project in language arts class that required him to do a poster about his subject, with a little convincing from his mom & dad he did his on the gentleman who founded the town we currently live in. Well his poster was one of a few chosen to go up on the bulletin board. It had a giant blue ribbon on it, which also made his day. Ah, School Days!

The last thing that made me really smile...
When I picked up my son from school yesterday he was smiling from ear to ear. He than said to me, "Hey Mom, guess what I saw on the bulletin board today on my way to Ms. Wilson class?" I replied, "What was that kiddo?"
He had a biography project in language arts class that required him to do a poster about his subject, with a little convincing from his mom & dad he did his on the gentleman who founded the town we currently live in. Well his poster was one of a few chosen to go up on the bulletin board. It had a giant blue ribbon on it, which also made his day. Ah, School Days!

GOMK, congratulate your son for me! I remember in Grade 9 I won a Poster Contest and it was such a thrill! Hearing of his accomplishment put a smile on my face too!

Driving home from work on this Friday with the sunroof open, listening to one of my IL DIVO cd's.

This post that reminded me of another moment that makes me smile. While the weather is cooler here in FL I like to take my black lab with me when I take my son to and from school. Her favorite thing is when I open the sunroof and although she isn't tall enough to stick her whole head out (which I wouldn't allow due to the risk of an eye injury), she can stick her nose out to catch some interesting smells. My favorite part is her lips gently flapping in the wind and the sound it makes. It almost sounds like a gobbling turkey.

I got to watch Ethan and Olivia this evening as well as their pup Zbun.Zbun is minature schnauzer as cute as a button with a little black nose and black eyes that peer out from behind black and white long hair. Poor little guy has had to stan in his crate for 6 week, only being keft out to do his business,So it was with great pleasure That I got to allow him his first blast of freedom. I thought sure he would be all over th place and back. We put him out on the grass and he took about 3 steps, then lifted the leg that had been fracturerd and limped over to me and ploped himself in my lap. I put him back on his feet and stood up and I finally got him to follow me of course confidence returned and by the time my daughter cam he was scampering around as wild as the kids:LOL:

kadesma:)

This post that reminded me of another moment that makes me smile. While the weather is cooler here in FL I like to take my black lab with me when I take my son to and from school. Her favorite thing is when I open the sunroof and although she isn't tall enough to stick her whole head out (which I wouldn't allow due to the risk of an eye injury), she can stick her nose out to catch some interesting smells. My favorite part is her lips gently flapping in the wind and the sound it makes. It almost sounds like a gobbling turkey.
I would love to do that if I had a dog. When I lived in NY, I would take my Australian Shepherd, Duke, to the park and let him run. He loved that, and I miss those days. The people that live below me have a cute black lab. I see the guy walking him when I get home from work. He's a friendly dog, and he came right up to me one day when I got out of my car.

walking 3 miles on my treadmill!! I'm so glad I have it back!! WOOHOO!!
That's what I need to do. I was going to start a walking program last week, but work was such a bear. By the time I get home, I'm too pooped, especially after making dinner/lunches, etc.

The last thing that made me smile was reading that bethzaring saved a baby goat.

Watching my diabetic (and sweet tooth) Dad's eyes light up last night after supper when I served him a large piece of angel food cake with fluffy green frosting and saying, you mean I can eat that?

I've been watching TV tonight and my beautiful kitty, Ashley (my avatar), slept on the left arm of my recliner. I just reached over and gently petted his head. He never stirred but, as I was stroking him, a big smile spread across his face. He looked so happy, comfortable and content I just had to smile. It's so nice to be able to provide a safe happy place for my "children.:

Back
Top Bottom