Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a sun room that I should use more often than I do. In it, I have a hot tub that the smaller of two pumps that just keeps the water circulating died. since it is headed for summer now, I wont be using it, so instead of repairing it now, I drained it, and to air dry the rest of the water not removed by draining, I left the top open.

Here comes the funny part. Both of my current cats in the same day went to jump on top of the cover (normally closed when hot tub not in use), didn't verify the hot tub lid was open.

Both at different times jumped straight from the steps into the hot tub.

Talk about being shocked. they both of course needed to be fished out of the seats soaking wet, with very sorry expressions on them :)

They are used to jumping up onto the cover to bask on the far side where the afternoon sun comes in (all glass sun room).

I think they'll be checking that the cover is closed before they jump next time :)

Bob

I have a sun room that I should use more often than I do. In it, I have a hot tub that the smaller of two pumps that just keeps the water circulating died. since it is headed for summer now, I wont be using it, so instead of repairing it now, I drained it, and to air dry the rest of the water not removed by draining, I left the top open.

Here comes the funny part. Both of my current cats in the same day went to jump on top of the cover (normally closed when hot tub not in use), didn't verify the hot tub lid was open.

Talk about being shocked. they both of course needed to be fished out of the seats soaking wet, with very sorry expressions on them :)

They are used to jumping up onto the cover to bask on the far side where the afternoon sun comes in (all glass sun room).

I think they'll be checking that the cover is closed before they jump next time :)

Bob

:LOL: OK that didn't make me smile...it made me laugh out loud!!! I have 2 cats and they are used to hoping in the tub on dh's side to go across and get to the closet on my side. Sometimes I forget to let the water out :innocent: and they do the same thing. It's a pretty deep tub so they have to swim, lol. They always smell nice afterward and I always promise I won't do it again. ;)

You made me LOL for tonight also. Is there an evil grin smiley? I didn't feel as sorry about mine either :)

Thank you,

You have a good night!

Bob

You made me LOL for tonight also. Is there an evil grin smiley? I didn't feel as sorry about mine either :)

Thank you,

You have a good night!

Bob
img_830361_0_28d43bacc3841021ceafbc8765a05c8a.gif

Bob
:LOL: shall we dance
img_830362_0_42d3e561bd84f6a2400bbf28e5fdaf58.gif

:LOL: OK that didn't make me smile...it made me laugh out loud!!! I have 2 cats and they are used to hoping in the tub on dh's side to go across and get to the closet on my side. Sometimes I forget to let the water out :innocent: and they do the same thing. It's a pretty deep tub so they have to swim, lol. They always smell nice afterward and I always promise I won't do it again. ;)

my Tigs got a bath yesterday, he smells like pomegranite & mango. i don't think he appreciates that very much.:ermm:

my Tigs got a bath yesterday, he smells like pomegranite & mango. i don't think he appreciates that very much.:ermm:

I wouldn't have the audacity to try and give either of my cats a bath. they may be front de-clawed, but I'm fairly certain they can do a good imitation of that discovery channel lion gutting his prey :)

The dog get's to nervous to give him a bath inside, but when it's nice out, I can give him one with a bucket of hot soapy water and the hose. Off-season, I have these wet-wipe type towelettes, and when I run out of those, I use Fabreeze :) I was looking at the ingredient list one day, and was amazed that the only ingredients are perfume, and water. I figured what the hay, dogs don't lick where I'd spray anyways.. so every once in a while when he's running by, I give him a squirt. :)

it's really not rough giving a kitty a bath! they just meow & meow pathetically & try to jump onto you or from the tub. although some felines resist baths more than others, & that can be very rough!

I wouldn't have the audacity to try and give either of my cats a bath. they may be front de-clawed, but I'm fairly certain they can do a good imitation of that discovery channel lion gutting his prey :)

The dog get's to nervous to give him a bath inside, but when it's nice out, I can give him one with a bucket of hot soapy water and the hose. Off-season, I have these wet-wipe type towelettes, and when I run out of those, I use Fabreeze :) I was looking at the ingredient list one day, and was amazed that the only ingredients are perfume, and water. I figured what the hay, dogs don't lick where I'd spray anyways.. so every once in a while when he's running by, I give him a squirt. :)
that gave me a smile and an LOL!!

it's really not rough giving a kitty a bath! they just meow & meow pathetically & try to jump onto you or from the tub. although some felines resist baths more than others, & that can be very rough!
i had a cat named aja after the steely dan song.
img_830449_0_57a76640e9e714ddbd181d96408fed31.jpg

he was declawed on the front and like casper said when i gave him a bath he did a job on my inner arms!!

Hmmm...the last thing to make me smile? Well, my dinner :) and the mere thought of purposefully putting my cats in water :ROFLMAO:. It's funny enough when they do it accidentally, but on purpose, LOL!!! They would never meow to me again.

Well, lesssee...

I came home from Constance and Kim's this afternoon to a very hot house. Not air-conditioned and it was 94+ degrees today. Well, the kitchen downstairs does have a small window unit.

After being away for more than 24 hours I'm usually greeted by many pairs of eyes and pointy ears with the attitude, "Where ya been?!"

Not today. I opened the front door. Made lots of noise. Walked through the entry and main hallway, into the family room, into the breakfast room. Still no one.

Yep...They were all flopped on the floor in the kitchen soaking up the cooling breezes of the air-conditioner. They were clearly studying the Mr. Wizard lesson of "cool air falls, warm air rises."

Instead the reaction was, "You're disturbing us."

They looked so comfy, all I could do was smile. I am happy to provide them with a comfortable haven during this heat. At least they're not outside.

Hmmm...the last thing to make me smile? Well, my dinner :) and the mere thought of purposefully putting my cats in water :ROFLMAO:. It's funny enough when they do it accidentally, but on purpose, LOL!!! They would never meow to me again.
when i was a kid i had to remember to close the bathroom door because snoopy would join me in the shower!! he even didn't mind joining me in a bath!! when wet he looked like an orange rat! the first time he joined me he scared the poop outta me.
img_830508_0_a1020836f8f9d314f086b83c85de64ed.jpg

He must have missed listening to Steely Dan :LOL:
aja love kahlua and milk, he would always find and drink half before i even knew he was near!!

katie after aja drank my kahlua he would sleep ON the a/c vents in the summer blocking all the a/c air!! he would fall asleep and roll off, hit the floor jump up into the halloween cat stance and look around for who pushed him off!! ready to kick the catnip out of the perpetrator of such an evil thing.

now remembering that brought a smile.

A nice long chat with a wonderful lady.

I have been feeling down and a little sorry for myself lately and just got off the phone with Katie E. We laughed, we commiserated about insurance claim woes, we shared memories and stories.

This smile is going to last a long while and I think I will be sticking around DC for a long time to come.....if you will have me that is! ;)

Aw, Laurie, you beat me to it. I'll be smiling for days then, add to your wonderful phone call, all the patient help I received from another DC member who helped me with a computer problem that had been plaguing me since Tuesday afternoon.

I won't be able to get this smile off my face for a long, long while.

Thanks you wonderful people!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom