Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! has no one had anything to smile about in two months? :LOL:

Well I have something incredible to smile about. From Grade 8 through to our mid twenties I had a best friend. I was her Maid of Honour, helped her in her first few years as a nervous Mom, etc. She was always there for me as well. We were fixtures in each others' families until we just somehow drifted apart. I saw her in the early 90's once but my life changed and we totally lost touch again. I wanted desperately to go to her father's funeral but circumstances didn't allow.

I tried Facebook, phone books, you name it and couldn't get hold of her until 2 months ago she found ME on Facebook. I was so happy and surprised. But again our lives just seemed in different directions and we haven't been able to get together.

Well, today we took Dad into Vancouver for an appointment. We were early and plunked into a waiting room. A woman came out of the office across the hall and I saw a resemblance but decided it wasn't. She all of a sudden came back out and we stared at each other for about 3 minutes before either of us could speak. She came to the waiting room and we hugged and I said to Dad, do you know who this is? He said no, until she said come on "Dad" and he smiled and hugged her. I introduced my DH to her and we talked for about 15 minutes. It was so incredible to see her again. She is coming up to 28 years of marriage in two weeks and we are hoping we can maybe get together with her whole family then.

I think this smile is going to last a very long time. I feel like I have a big part of my life back again.

Last edited:
I can just see that smile Laurie..I'm so happy for the two of you. I had a smile day as well. I to Olivia to pick out a tea set. She had been having a hard time at pre-school with one of the kids and was getting in trouble for pinching and hitting. So she and I had a talk about how to handle this child..She has noow gone a whole week without getting in trouble and for our Olivia this is like a miracle!!!! She has my temper so I'm trying to teach her to reign it in like I learned to do. And so far she is doing great...so today she was treated to a shopping trip...Brother got a little something as well Ahhh life with kids
kades:)

Last edited:
so far she is doing great...so today she was treated to a shopping trip...Brother got a little something as well Ahhh life with kids
kades:)

Kades, you remind me of my favourite Grandmother. Lessons learned (and there were a few) were always rewarded! And you are a big softy!:LOL:

the baby quilt is done. the baby is due this week-end. i finally tied it with pink satin bows. tiny ones . i used a very large eye needle and 1/8 inch ribbon. it really is cute and makes me smile a lot.

the baby quilt is done. the baby is due this week-end. i finally tied it with pink satin bows. tiny ones . i used a very large eye needle and 1/8 inch ribbon. it really is cute and makes me smile a lot.
It sounds so pretty. Lucky baby and family...Best wishes
kades

The sound of Ethan's voice when I called him and asked if he would like to spend the night with us...The little guy feels as if he needs to compete with Cade for our attention, which he doesn't, but we are trying to get him to realize, he is a special child in our hearts..So he will be here soon and I'm looking forward to spending alone time with him before everyone comes tomorrow...He already ordered hot chocolate and toast before bed:LOL:
kades

I am happy for you, Kades, and Ethan. I know your night will be special.

I am smiling at the fact that I am going out on a BIG DATE tomorrow with my hubby. I bought tickets for a concert for his birthday and my sister is staying with Dad so we don't have to worry about dinner, etc. We will leave just after lunch, go visit Tony's parents, have dinner and go to the concert. This is my first concert in about 10 years (I haven't been able to even think of going to one in the last few with my leg) and it is DH's first EVER!!!!

I was getting lunch ready for DH, Dad and I, when the doorbell rang. I locked the dog gate and went to see who it was and standing there was a young man with a big smile on his face. I opened the door and he bounded in and headed immediately for the dog gate where Violet and Joie were going mad trying to get to him.

Our young visitor, Joseph, lives across the street from our old house that we left three years ago. He would spend more time at our place than he did at home. In those days he was a 10 year old starved for food and attention and he would get both with us. His parents both worked two jobs each and his brothers and sister didn't have time for him. He would help walk the dogs, make meals, clean up, you name it. I taught him a few easy songs on the piano and he and DH got along famously (it was like the son I could never give DH).

Well, when we moved, we would pick him up and bring him over as much as we could and DH would take him to the dog park with him. But this slowed down and the last time we saw Joseph was when he and two friends biked all the way over from the old neighbourhood (almost 1/2 hour by car).

Well, the young man who showed up today was all of 13 and 1 1/2 feet taller but still the same as I remembered him. He joined us for lunch, having 2 pieces of toast and a heaping bowl of ravioli, and was up for ice cream which Tony offered on the way to driving Joseph home.

But the greatest thing is that he and Dad got along famously. They were even watching the hockey game together for awhile! And he tired the dogs out for us which helps me out as I can't take them for walks.

But the part that really put a smile on my face is when DH called to say that they went for ice cream but Joseph wanted to be dropped back off within 2 blocks from our house.....because he wanted to find the house of a girl he met! Definitely NOT the Joseph I knew before! :)

My dog. He's a "talker" and makes all kinds of noise when you pet him sometimes. Makes me smile every time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom