Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My leg, which has been unpredictably swollen and sore the past two weeks suddenly got better yesterday. I had an uninterrupted sleep last night and I can walk almost normally (my normal)... my xrays and doctor's appointment are tomorrow.

Typical that it gets better before I see about it, but I am smiling not complaining! :):)

My 13 yr. old grandson saying " I love you" to me before leaving for school. It was the first time he ever said it first. :))

my granddaughter stopped by to bring me ink for my puter and some milk . her little girl, my great granddaughter had a snow white set of little figures the wicked queen had on a cape. she asked me if i could make her a cape. she is only three. very very smart . so today i checked , found a pattern and will make it soon. when she asked me to do it, it made me smile. she connects me with things i have made for her in the past. a quilt for preschool being one of them. sure a sweet child.her name is aubrey .

also my newest little great granddaughter also along. she is four months. she already gotta her first tooth. lots of smiles and coos from lilly. that certainly made me smile. zesty is such a good mom. she is a wonderful granddaughter, as well. very thoughtful young woman and that makes me smile as well.

Watching the Olympics (on TV even though they are right here) and seeing the Mom of a guy I went to school with carrying in the Olympic flag and saying to my Dad "I bet Mrs. Fox is thinking "Wow, I am carrying the flag with Donald Sutherland and Anne Murray!".

Yeah, I guess you have to know the people, but I haven't been smiling much lately so it was great!

Watching the Olympics (on TV even though they are right here) and seeing the Mom of a guy I went to school with carrying in the Olympic flag and saying to my Dad "I bet Mrs. Fox is thinking "Wow, I am carrying the flag with Donald Sutherland and Anne Murray!".

Yeah, I guess you have to know the people, but I haven't been smiling much lately so it was great!
Laurie,
you have such a rich beautiful home land...I am just enthralled with the beauty and rich heritage you belong to.How proud you must be.:)
cj

thomas did his dance cause i got out of bed for awhile. made me smile.

Aww, he "smiled" because he thought you were better and he made you a bit better - I love how our animals do that.

I smiled every time I heard "here in Vancouver/Whistler/Richmond" on the Olympics and twice as big when they showed the scenery and I recognized our beautiful land. Being able to watch the Olympics makes this imposed rest a little/lot easier to take, specially when I can share it with my Dad who, 7 years ago when we got the bid never dreamed he would be alive to see it!

If you have depression get help.You cant imagine what your missing.

Um, I am not sure if this is directed at me, but I am certainly not depressed. I have been given a serious diagnosis to symptoms of numbness, loss of dexterity in my right hand and chronic fatigue. I am waiting diagnosis and have been told I can't work (which is cooking), drive or over exert myself. But I feel I have a good outlook that things will not be as serious as they now seem and I will get better.

I have battled with depression all through my life and not only went for help but have overcome it.

But I thank you for your concern.

A wonderful two days with DH a surprise diiner out featuring 2 lobster tails, asparagus, baked potato and ice cream cake for dessert..Dh gave me a new food mill i've been wanting forever, a pasta machine and motor and a dozen red roses.You might say I had a wonderful day:)
kades

my valentine took me & himself so we could adopt the new kitty. tigs needs his vaccination certificates & then we apply. theree were 2 kitties we loved, 1 female, 1 male. both were very tense, though the male purred & stayed by us. the female hid after we petted & held her.
i suppose they're probably better adopted by other people. there was this older feline, & i want that kitty! she's over 11 years. i got tearful; when i tapped her cage she greeted me by smacking her head against the wall.
we're ready for an adoption soon!

1. Walking into the kitchen this morning to find a bouquet of carnations (my favourite AND one of the few flowers I am not allergic to) and my favourite chocolate in the whole wide world on the counter for me!

2. Watching my country get its first gold EVER on home soil (this is the third Olympics in Canada starting 33 years ago). It was a very proud moment!

Back
Top Bottom