Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, I am almost happy with the whole wheat/unbleached flour mixture I tried today. I will do another tweak and send it to you or post it if others are interested!. Very light on the inside and crispy on the outside.

Thanks for the applause!

Mmm sounds good. My last ones were kinds of ..well..pancake like.

I found my peach and plumb tree were in bloom this afternoon! :)

good for you. what did the trick?

Getting off the medication that was causing side effects, keeping my legs up for three days and taking an incredibly strong diuretic! My doctor is still assessing if there is any other damage but so far I am feeling very good! :)

I'm smiling, we started the herb garden yesterday,carrots,radishes included,everyone was here as usual for Ma's Sunday, it was wonderful to hear all the kids laughing and having fun. We had a big birthday cake for our oldest daughter. Cade spent the night. Ethan is feeling so much better. I got our and did some watering and found my sweet onions had broken ground and the potatoes as well. Yippeeeee we're on our way.
kades:)

This day 10 years ago, me and my boyfriend went out on our first date. This morning we went out for a celebration breakfast with our 9 year old daugher. We had to celebrate early, because my boyfriend is working late today. :)

Congratulations, Mel!

Two huge smiles yesterday!

First, my husband has been working at his job for 16 months as a casual employee - exactly one year ago today he was told that a resident from his care home would be moving to another and they wanted him to go and it would involve getting a permanent position. They even started training him at the other house. Well, the resident is finally moving on April 7th and yesterday, after having to go through a job posting DH got an interview. It went like this "Why do you want this job" He answered, the she said, "What makes you think you can do this job" - He said "because I have been caring for this person for 16 months and want to continue". Third question "Do you want this job?" Answer "yes". "Okay, welcome aboard"! Finally stability in hours and full benefits! He really loves his job so I am so happy for him.

Second, a young lady from the camp I cooked at contacted me last night and asked if I could make a cake for her parent's 20th anniversary surprise party. She said "I don't care how much it costs, I only want one of your cakes because I want this night to be very special for them, oh, and if I ever get married I would like to book you now to make my wedding cake!". Of course I am NOT going to make it cost too much!:)

big smile, got a call from someone who is very dear to me. She made me feel so special and loved....Thank you Laurie,,,I'm off to bed now. Love you
cj

Oh my, I am hogging this thread!

Tonight while I was having supper the phone rang and it was my best friends son (who has been my best buddy since I first held him at a day old and is now 12). He was on his Mom's cell and asked if I could do a favour. They were coming home from an appointment and were starving. He wanted me to look up the number of a pizza place so that dinner would arrive about the time they did.

How could I resist the best hug giver in the world!

A second smile came when I got an email from his Mom who said she was trying to figure out how to get the number and my buddy said "I'll call LP, she'll look it up for me!"

All I need to smile is one of my little kiddo's to give me a hug. Today Ethan and Olivia came and surprised me, Ethan took a look at my leg before i could cover it and asked, Ma are you hurt.I said yes and of course this led to what happened. The poor kid put his arms around my neck and started to cry. I convinced him that a hug and a kiss would make me feel better. He then warned his sister to not hug ma to tight she's hurt which started Oliva to cry so we had quite a feel sorry for ma fest. I finally calmed them down with two red velvet cupcakes. I did have to promise Ethan to come watch him play ball tomorrow. wow, to be loved so much makes me smile.
kadesma:)

All I need to smile is one of my little kiddo's to give me a hug. Today Ethan and Olivia came and surprised me, Ethan took a look at my leg before i could cover it and asked, Ma are you hurt.I said yes and of course this led to what happened. The poor kid put his arms around my neck and started to cry. I convinced him that a hug and a kiss would make me feel better. He then warned his sister to not hug ma to tight she's hurt which started Oliva to cry so we had quite a feel sorry for ma fest. I finally calmed them down with two red velvet cupcakes. I did have to promise Ethan to come watch him play ball tomorrow. wow, to be loved so much makes me smile.
kadesma:)

This!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom