"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-20-2010, 01:08 AM   #3761
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 26,359
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I love making kids smile by making goofy faces at them.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #3762
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,341
i may get a free worker for house cleaning. it is though the county. had worker here today to evaluate . she said she is sure i will qualify. it always makes me smile to have a tidy home.
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:29 AM   #3763
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i may get a free worker for house cleaning. it is though the county. had worker here today to evaluate . she said she is sure i will qualify. it always makes me smile to have a tidy home.
That's Great Babe! It will make your life just that much easier.
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:15 AM   #3764
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North
Posts: 20,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i may get a free worker for house cleaning. it is though the county. had worker here today to evaluate . she said she is sure i will qualify. it always makes me smile to have a tidy home.
Babe, I am so happy for you! I have someone come in through Dad's Vetran's benefits. It really helps not to worry about the house so I can devote more time to Dad and DH....oh, and DC!!!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/caffeine-free and loving it!
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #3765
Chef Extraordinaire
 
mudbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NoVA, beyond the Beltway
Posts: 11,166
Met a company colleague in person today who turned out to be much nicer and more down-to-earth than the impression I got during a Live Meeting session a while back.
__________________
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #3766
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Babe, I am so happy for you! I have someone come in through Dad's Vetran's benefits. It really helps not to worry about the house so I can devote more time to Dad and DH....oh, and DC!!!
alas it is not to be. social worker for this program was here. says i don't qualify. can do most things for myself, dress, bathe, etc. won't come and just vacuum and mop. much less to clean bathrooms. oh well, have a line on another source. wish me luck.
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:43 PM   #3767
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North
Posts: 20,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
alas it is not to be. social worker for this program was here. says i don't qualify. can do most things for myself, dress, bathe, etc. won't come and just vacuum and mop. much less to clean bathrooms. oh well, have a line on another source. wish me luck.
You got it! You remind me of my Dad - too independent for your own good
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/caffeine-free and loving it!
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:44 PM   #3768
Senior Cook
 
zfranca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SARZANA, La Spezia
Posts: 227
Send a message via Skype™ to zfranca
The fragrance that the gentle caressing of the delicate young sweet basil leaves stirred up into my nose, made me smile back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of plants 007.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	8724  
__________________
We are all angels with one wing. Only together we can fly.
www.cookingwithfranca.blogspot.com
zfranca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #3769
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North
Posts: 20,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfranca View Post
The fragrance that the gentle caressing of the delicate young sweet basil leaves stirred up into my nose, made me smile back.
zfranca, your picture makes me smile. I can almost smell the basil too!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/caffeine-free and loving it!
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #3770
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 26,359
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I love the smell of basil. I brought my basil indoors at the first frost warning. Shrederik, my cat, didn't seem impressed. I smelled basil on his breath once, and he doesn't seem to have touched the plant since ;)
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #3771
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,877
Today, today made me smile!
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:16 AM   #3772
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North
Posts: 20,400
I wasn't feeling well today and my puppies curled up tight, one on either side of me while I rested. When I woke up they were in the living room as DH had just fed them. I sat down and our little Joie brought me one of his favourite toys and our big baby, Violet, rested her head in my lap. I smiled because I felt so loved!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/caffeine-free and loving it!
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #3773
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,716
LuckyTrim's trivia thread today made me smile. Actually it made me grin and laugh so hard that it feels like my face is going to break!

Barbara
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:57 PM   #3774
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,341
lunch with my daughter today, put a big smile on my face. we always have such a good time. bigger smile, cause that was not always so.
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #3775
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
lunch with my daughter today, put a big smile on my face. we always have such a good time. bigger smile, cause that was not always so.
Ah babe. I'm so happy for you. Kids all the same expecting us to always be there but not wanting to give in and admit we might know what were talking about. My youngest daughter has finally admited to me that I surprise her at times
HUMMMMM
kaddes
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:59 PM   #3776
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North
Posts: 20,400
A young teen from our youth group who has had a really rough go of it for someone so young, helped me this summer with snacks for our Kid's program. That was in July. The other day she went to her sister (whom she lives with as their mother died 3 years ago) and said "when can I work with Laurie again!" I am so excited. She is coming over tomorrow and we are making cupcakes for a harvest festival.

The fact she picked me will keep a smile on my face for a long time!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/caffeine-free and loving it!
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:36 AM   #3777
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
A young teen from our youth group who has had a really rough go of it for someone so young, helped me this summer with snacks for our Kid's program. That was in July. The other day she went to her sister (whom she lives with as their mother died 3 years ago) and said "when can I work with Laurie again!" I am so excited. She is coming over tomorrow and we are making cupcakes for a harvest festival.

The fact she picked me will keep a smile on my face for a long time!
That's great Laurie! I know that felt good!

Barbara
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:15 AM   #3778
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,877
My immediate Supervisor and the Director Of Nursing, told me tonight I was doing an excellent job and they are both very happy they suggested me for the position. They have been fantastically supportive since my leaving the patient care area.
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:03 AM   #3779
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,456
I'm still waiting for today's smile. My slipped disc feels like a T. Rex has taken a big bite of my side.

Maybe that's how I'll come to the Halloween party. I'll be the screaming blond in monster movies. I'll miraculously get away and kill the T. Rex and grind him up for burgers that we can cook at the party.

My last smile was from Princess Fiona yesterday. She gives me bellylaughs, the kind that really make you feel good.
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #3780
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I'm still waiting for today's smile. My slipped disc feels like a T. Rex has taken a big bite of my side.

Maybe that's how I'll come to the Halloween party. I'll be the screaming blond in monster movies. I'll miraculously get away and kill the T. Rex and grind him up for burgers that we can cook at the party.

My last smile was from Princess Fiona yesterday. She gives me bellylaughs, the kind that really make you feel good.
Sorry your slipped disc is hurting so bad!

The "Arlo and Janis" cartoon for today cracked me up!

Arlo & Janis free online comic strip library at comics.com
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.