Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Six year old Ondine painting eggplants with olive oil put a big smile on my face.

Attachments

• Ondine 3.jpg
    Ondine 3.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 187
This week's A Prairie Home Companion. I was listening to it while I was out doing the shopping. It was one of their Joke Shows. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. If you can find the rebroadcast online sit back and enjoy!!

This week's A Prairie Home Companion. I was listening to it while I was out doing the shopping. It was one of their Joke Shows. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. If you can find the rebroadcast online sit back and enjoy!!
I know the feeling exactly. Garrison Keillor has been my absolute favourite. Just thinking of him makes me smile.

This post on Facebook...

Copy this and paste it in your status if you know someone, or have heard of someone who knows someone. If you don't know anyone, or even if you've heard of someone who doesn't know anyone, then do still copy this. It's important to spread the message. Oh and the hearts ♥ ♥ ♥ ...Please, Please I beg of you, don't forget the hearts! ♥ ♥ ♥

LOL!

BTW...ZFranca...I want to be where you are at!! Looks lovely there.

This post on Facebook...

Copy this and paste it in your status if you know someone, or have heard of someone who knows someone. If you don't know anyone, or even if you've heard of someone who doesn't know anyone, then do still copy this. It's important to spread the message. Oh and the hearts ♥ ♥ ♥ ...Please, Please I beg of you, don't forget the hearts! ♥ ♥ ♥

LOL!

:ROFLMAO:

Last December a dear friend lost her two year battle with cancer. She was very beloved in her community. I had the honour of catering her oldest son's wedding just 6 months before she passed away. Last night her son and his wife welcomed a little boy into the world. This child is going to be a real boost to two families who have gone through so much. I am smiling now but will be doing even more when I finally get to hold him!

Last December a dear friend lost her two year battle with cancer. She was very beloved in her community. I had the honour of catering her oldest son's wedding just 6 months before she passed away. Last night her son and his wife welcomed a little boy into the world. This child is going to be a real boost to two families who have gone through so much. I am smiling now but will be doing even more when I finally get to hold him!

Just awesome.:)

Friday night we were invited to meet a friend's new puppy. Oh, I was already suffering from puppy lust anyway! It didn't help that when we all sat down, little puppy girl immediately came to me. Most doggies I've known are immediately attracted to the person in the room who does NOT like doggies, and there was one. Instead she jumped right on me and started to play. Oh! We keep telling ourselves, we want at least one pet-free vacation this summer, then we'll start looking.

My new puppy made me smile today. :) He always does. It was actually quite mild out so I could take him out for a walk without him freezing. (he is a 12 week old, 2 lb chihuahua puppy... tiny tiny and gets cold quickly!!!) Anyway, he walked so well on the leash and was such a good boy. Made me happy.

We've got puppy school tonight.... and i imagine i'll do a lot of smiling then too!! :)

More than smiling...laughing.

We had about 3 inches of snow last night and, this morning, I made the beginnings of snow cream. Just finished making and eating it. WOW! It's awesome. I'd heard of it but never had it. I'm addicted.

I'm smiling like the Cheshire cat.

Earlier this afternoon Glenn and I bought a new living room sofa. We were in the car, so couldn't bring it home. The store is only about 10 miles from us, so Glenn told the salesman he'd come back a little later to pick it up.

On our drive home, we enjoyed some sunshine (hooray) and all the daffodils that are exploding all over the countryside. I love daffodils because they're so bright and cheerful.

When Glenn went back to get the sofa I stayed home because I had some chores to do and a Mardi Gras king cake to finish.

He arrived home a few minutes ago, backed the truck up to the front door and I went out to help him. He was removing the moving blanket from the sofa and told me the pillows to the sofa were in the cab of the truck, so I opened the passenger door to get them. The seat was literally filled with freshly-picked daffodils. There had to have been a 4- to 5-inch bundle of them when I gathered them up. Pillows in the truck, huh?;)

He'd stopped somewhere along the road home and picked them for me. I'm smiling now but, I will admit, a few tears went down my cheeks as I gave him a big hug and kiss.

Katie,
bless that msan he is a peach. I love daffodils and plan to go to daffodil hill again this year. will be using my walker this time but with all four kids along it will be so easy and so much fun. the smells and colors willl bring smiles to our faces.
kades:)

One of my cooking students sent me this picture that was taken five years ago. Have been smiling for days.

Attachments

• Copy of untitled.jpg
    Copy of untitled.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 195
Yes, it really does happen. The fire department rescues a cat from a tree.

We have lots of trees in our yard and there is a line of trees between our house and our neighbor's house. No leaves yet, just naked trees, all about 30 to 50 feet high.

When we awoke this morning our doggie, Sadie, was barking herself silly. I swear she was getting hoarse. Bark, bark, bark, bark, bark.......

I went out and looked up at what Sadie had her attention directed. Up in one of those trees, about 40 feet was a big, fat, fluffy cat. The neighbor's kitty.

It's now 5 p.m. and Sadie has spent the day barking at the cat. Glenn even took the four-wheeler out to the back fields (one of Sadie's favorite places) in the hopes of distracting her and giving the cat the opportunity to get down. No such luck.

By 4:30, the neighbor and his lady came out to coax the cat down. (Sadie had been locked up in the garage.) No luck there either. So...........

The neighbor called the fire department, he's related to the fire chief, and the big red truck arrived. We've had so much rain here recently that the truck couldn't get into the yard space where the tree was, so they used one of their large extension ladders, a 40-foot one. Ladder was extended against the trunk of the tree, not long enough, but enough to get the neighbor close enough to step up onto some limbs and rescue the kitty.

The fire truck just left. The kitty is fine and made a beeline to the back door of his house and Sadie is sorely miffed.

The whole process had me smiling from start to finish.

Last edited:
I'd have been ready for the looney bin if I'd had to listen to a dog barking all day!

Yes, we were nearly nuts by the time the fire department arrived. Sadie has a mind of her own when she is "on task" and getting her corralled is next to impossible. If the cat hadn't been rescued, we were hoping nightfall would allow him to get down while Sadie was resting...if she would've rested.

In a different direction. Local bowling alley, kids happy ,smiling and laughing, my grandkids giving me and Pa hugs and kisses and not even asking what did ya bring me like thother kids were doing. I was so proud of them. The looks on their faces at what we got for them to celebrate Carson's day. I'm home now and tired and very very happy.
Love those kids.
kades:)

Back
Top Bottom