Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my twenty year old granddaughter stopped by to see me today. she was on the way to visit her boy friend. sucb a pretty girl. i raised her til she was five. she has a special place in my heart. her name is morgan elizabeth, isn't that a lovely name?

p6YL9.jpg

Um, let me see. Two of our granddaughters (really Glenn's) were here for Thanksgiving dinner, etc.

In one of the bedrooms I have an old camel back trunk that I've filled with "dress-up" stuff. There are goofy sequined shoes, clear "glass" slippers, sequined gowns, feather boas, rhinestone tiaras, rhinestone shoulder-sweep earrings, fur wraps, other things too numbered to mention but, suffice it to say, all those glamorous things any little girl would dream to immerse herself in to transform herself into the most awesome "star."

The thing that made me smile was the two of them coming down the hall totally decked out in sequined gowns, fur wraps, sequined shoes and rhinestone tiaras and holding the two small wine glasses I purchased for their dinner, filled with sparkling white grape juice. They strutted and swirled like true divas.

They were truly in the styulin' mode. Everyone got a huge laugh, as well as a super "awwwwwwww!"

Darn! To be 8-years-old again!!!!!:ohmy:

Um, let me see. Two of our granddaughters (really Glenn's) were here for Thanksgiving dinner, etc.

In one of the bedrooms I have an old camel back trunk that I've filled with "dress-up" stuff. There are goofy sequined shoes, clear "glass" slippers, sequined gowns, feather boas, rhinestone tiaras, rhinestone shoulder-sweep earrings, fur wraps, other things too numbered to mention but, suffice it to say, all those glamorous things any little girl would dream to immerse herself in to transform herself into the most awesome "star."

The thing that made me smile was the two of them coming down the hall totally decked out in sequined gowns, fur wraps, sequined shoes and rhinestone tiaras and holding the two small wine glasses I purchased for their dinner, filled with sparkling white grape juice. They strutted and swirled like true divas.

They were truly in the styulin' mode. Everyone got a huge laugh, as well as a super "awwwwwwww!"

Darn! To be 8-years-old again!!!!!:ohmy:

I wish I was 8 and visiting your house.!!! Bet they were just in heaven playing in the chest.

Went to dinner at TGIFriday last evening and across from me was a lady of about 50 with a little girl of about 5.

The little girl was an almost exact replica of Shirley Temple, and though I couldn't hear what was said between her and the lady, the expressions on the little girls face and her body language were just precious!

What a sweetie! She looked like a walking, talking baby doll.

It made my heart feel good to see such a well mannered child who was such a precious little thing!

Something upset her and she began to cry. Her little face all scrunched up and tears just flowing! It made my heart break!

I'm just an old softie. Kids have always been able to twist me around their fingers. Ya gotta watch what you say around kids though. they hear everything and will repeat anything you say.

About TGIFriday's....too much cost for pretty plain food. I had a Ribeye with mashed taters and broccoli and one Margarita. $26.

$32 with tip. That's a little steep in my book.

watching my four great granddaughters in their fancy dresses at play. they have their pecking order and it makes me smile to watch it at work. my granddaughter is a very talented singer. they all sat under a tree and she led them in song. she is the music director at her church. she also teaches at the church school. they were all so into it, big smile for me.

Oh Babe! Just picturing your granddaughter with 4 Cherubic faces perched around her all in song made me smile and truth be told brought a tear to my eye as well! How special for you to be able to witness that. I'm glad you had a lovely family day. ( who cares what the food tasted like) it's the company that counts. :)

Got to see my favorite cousin, we kinda grew up together and spent a LOT of summers getting in trouble, he is now married and has a third child on the way, hadn't seen him in three years so catching up was awesome. The kids make me wish I was still able to have kids, but am very lucky to have such awesome little ones to have "on loan", but time with Dave and Jen FAR surpassed any of the great deals anyone got on Black Friday.

The last thing that made me smile, first off getting to see my grandmother for Thanksgiving, but also cooking my first Thanksgiving dinner by myself and having everything come out edible! Now what's making me smile is the britcom PhoneShop. The British may have started alot that us Americans improved on, but we invented sitcoms and imho they have us beaten on those. :yum:

I just got a phone call from my youngest nephew, JP, he's in Jr. High (Middle School). He was arguing with his Mom about how much I knew. My sister was trying to tell him that I don't remember much of my Jr. High Spanish (that was a long time ago) and he was insisting on calling me because, get this, "Aunt Fiona knows EVERYTHING!!!!"

We walked through using Google to translate the phrase he was trying to learn and he finally got the phrase, without me remembering much, if any, Spanish. As he was hanging up I heard, "See Mom, I told you she would know, she's SMART!"

I'm still laughing, now to call my sister and apologize for ruining her kid.

What makes you REALLY cool is that NOTHING impresses a middle school kid! Cudos!

What makes you REALLY cool is that NOTHING impresses a middle school kid! Cudos!

LOL! His Mom could have said the exact same thing I did, but he doesn't believe her. I get calls when he is sick and just to chat. I'm his favorite phone buddy. And he is still cuddly and sweet, even though he tries to act tough.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom